+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Please I need help

I am a 28 year old male. I have no history of baldness in my family. My dad, grandfathers, uncles, brothers all have a full head of hair. To make a long story short I went to a derm here in Taiwan. ( I have been teaching here for four years) The first derm told me since i have no family history i will not go bald. He didn't even bother to look at my hair. The second two derms told me i have slight thinning at the crown. The reason I initially went it is because i suffer from Seborhaic Dermatitis (sorry for the spelling). Hair loss has been a huge anxiety of mine for the last year or so ( i have general anxiety problems). Anyways, I don't trust alot of the derms here as I have had bad diagnoses before (like a fordyce granule being called a wart). Thus I don't have the most trust in them. I firmly believe you guys may give me a better opinion. My questions are, 1) am I in denial or I am really thinning? 2) If I am thinning could my seborhaic dermatitis be a cause?
    side note : my hair line is pretty good. It raises slightly around the corners but nothing really that big

sorry for the long post but any help could help me more than you would know
    thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03337.jpg

Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	12870   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03349.jpg

Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	12871   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03358.jpg

Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	12872   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03360.jpg

Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	12873   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03366.jpg

Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	12874   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03367.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	12875  

As you can see, some of the pictures are with flash and some without. To me it looks like a normal crown. It looks the same as it did last year at this time. When I use a small mirror to look in the mirror I seriously do not see any problem. Alot of the doctors here are notorious for loving to prescribe medicine and to label anything a problem that needs to be fixed by medicine. The first doctor spoke alot better English and he told me it was "normal" to thin a little bit at the crown at my age and it did not mean i was going bald anytime soon.
    Again sorry for the hassle, but it would help me out so so so much if you guys could give me your experienced and educated opinions on the matter
    thank you so much.

please anyone

Here are some more pictures.... could two derms be wrong? I don't want to be in denial but i really think it looks like a normal crown to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03372.jpg

Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	12876   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03373.jpg

Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	12877   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03375.jpg

Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	12878   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03377.jpg

Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	12879  

You stated you do not have a family history of hair loss, but you suffer with anxiety and have seborhaic dermatitis.

Your hair looks like normal thinning associated with age. However, you do need to resolve your anxiety issues and it would be a good idea to treat the seborhaic dermatitis.

do you mean normal thinning like i am not going bald? or thinning due to baldness? I saw a third doctor today and he confirmed that the top of my head is thinning. He said because he could see my scalp that I have lost 50% of my hair.
    How could i be losing so much hair when nobody in my family has lost any?
    what gives?

The last doctor said i was almost a Norwood three and he give me 3-5 years before my head has a big bald spot. Is my hair really that bad that i would bald so soon?

You have some learning to do. Here is the chart.

Hair thins as we age, including those who are not balding.

You need to start with learning to deal with your anxiety. It is doing you more harm than good. Stress can cause hair loss. Stress can make hair loss that is already happening worse.

You say you have seborrhoeic dermatitis. Take care of that. Get some Nizoral shampoo and use it as directed on the bottle. Once you are done with that, continue to use it in place of your regular shampoo once per week. Make sure to use a good quality moisturizing conditioner almost daily.

Low level laser therapy can increase the caliber of your hairs. This will make your hair look fuller and more youthfull. So consider getting a laser comb and use it as directed.

It is very rare to have no family history of hair loss. However since you claim to have no family history of hereditary hair loss, I see no need for Finasteride or Minoxidil but it is your body. You do what you want or need to do to feel happy with yourself.

Thanks so much for replying.... i don't see where I exactly fit in that scale... i mean i have slight frontal, temporal recession, but def not that much. When I say I have no family history of hair loss i mean the only one i can think of is my great grandfather.... other than that no one...... Could stress be causing this thinning? I really don't want to start using rogaine or anything like that but i also heard that the earlier the better.
    Should i start it? or just try and battle the dermatitis and stress and see what happens?
    point blank based on those pics do you think i am suffering from MPB?

sorry for bothering you but you are helping me more than you will ever know

I mean my hairline is better than that Norwood 2, yet i am experiencing thinning on the top. It doesn't make sense