Thread: Help

Threaded View

Unhappy Help

Ok.. Im 34 years old and My hair is noticeably starting to recede, at least to me. Ive always had a natural widows peak to begin with. Here is my problem. Nizoral 1% or 2% dry my scalp out way too much, even if used 1x per week. My next problem is Propecia. I used Propecia for about 1 year. It caused horrible side effects for me, los of libido, mild gyno, teste atrophy, loss of "strong erections, and semen was watery like when you are 11 years old, lol.
    I've been off Propecia for almost 11 months. It took about 6 months before my sex drive, strong erection and testicle atrophy to go away. My hair loss is about a NW2, to maybe a NW2A. Im horrified to try Rogaine. The shed phase really does hinder some people and actually cause more accelerated hair loss.

Spex, Tracy C? somebody please help. I have no clue what to do

Ive also been using Nioxin shampoo for over 15 years. I realize it does not remove DHT, i just really like the shampoo.

Im def considering a FUE with Dr Shapiro, of the Shapiro Medical Group. In my opinion best results that I have seen. It was between the following DRS.

DR. True, or Dr. Dorin
    Dr. Epstein
    DR. Ron Shapiro

I estimate I need around 1100 and 1300 FUE grafts to be content. How do I keep my remaining hair? There is no point in getting a surgery if you are def gonna have further loss, and meds aren't working for you.
    I even cut my Propecia down to .5 mg ed.
    I'm sorry but Propecia scares me, and I will not jump on the bandwagon again.

Any experienced info would be much appreciated