+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The possible side effects of 5% Minoxidil are very mild and well tolerated. Most who use Minoxidil do not experience those possible side effects. The chances of experiencing side effects does increase with higher doses of Minoxidil such as the 10% and 15% formulations available on the internet

You kind of have to learn to read between the lines and qualify the stories you read. Many who give Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) a try do not understand what to expect. They freak out when the shedding starts and stop treatment. Stopping treatment because of shedding is usually the worse thing you can do. If a person does not ride out the shedding period, they can end up worse off then they were before treatment.

Women do not have as much androgens to fight against. So it does make sense that women would respond a little differently. However, most women are unequipped to deal with the shedding associated with any hair loss treatment. This fear prevents many women from sticking with treatment long enough to gain any benefit from it - or starting treatment at all.

Males should not be taking the anti-androgen I take. The only home use laser device that has been cleared by the FDA to treat androgenetic alopecia is the Hairmax laser comb from Lexington International. All three of their models are cleared to treat androgenetic alopecia in males but only the 9-laser model is cleared to treat androgenetic alopecia in females.
    I found the laser model by hairmax 2011 model, for 325.00 brand new with 2 yr warranty. Its a lot cheaper then 495.00 on the Hairmax site. I spent about 5 hrs between last night and today researching different brands and models. I believe this model is cordless, and has 9 lasers. Im gonna do your exact approach, Im gonna give it at least 4 months, then maybe throw in some rogaine. I think some people might want to introduce this to your system maybe 1x daily, just as an introduction phase. I sale hormones for a living, so Im gonna take the advise I would give a client. "sometimes less is more"!!

Tracy C, You have been the most informative person that I have dealt with on this board. I Thank You Kindly. Your a good soul! Thank You sweetie...
    Stylus187