+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tax

Default Tax

On the Hassan and Wong i see prices without TAX..
    Does someone knows how much the tax is?

Thanx,

Roman

Now I stand to be corrected, but I believe that HT procedures are not taxed in North America. I know that I have never paid any tax on any of my 4 HT procedures all done in the US.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

12% provincial sales tax in British Columbia is what you will have to pay (unfortunate, I know)

Yup. In the US they didn't tax me. Here (canada) they tax you on the air you breathe. Paying taxes on intangible nonphysical things is beyond me.
    So yeah, you pay 12% tax on an HT.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Yup. In the US they didn't tax me. Here (canada) they tax you on the air you breathe. Paying taxes on intangible nonphysical things is beyond me.
    So yeah, you pay 12% tax on an HT.
    12% tax on a HT! OUCH!!! I suppose they figure if individuals can pay for cosmetic surgery, they can afford the high tax. Not neccessarily true.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    12% tax on a HT! OUCH!!! I suppose they figure if individuals can pay for cosmetic surgery, they can afford the high tax. Not neccessarily true.
    Wrong. It has nothing to do with what the government thinks one can afford or not afford regardless of the item in question being a hair transplant. It has to do with whether or not one has a pulse and breathes air and even then that might not cover every scenario that would justify levying a tax. In other words, it is not a cosmetic surgery tax but rather the general sales tax.

Various US states are examining the prospect of instituting specific cosmetic surgery taxes very soon as the current economic climate his forcing states and cities to look everywhere they can.

In the end however, regardless of tax, quality is quality and here in BC the tax has barely made a dent in the number of patients that pass through out doors. Patients are still coming from all over.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Relax, it was my humor added to the issue.

Having said that, it is a 12% "general tax rate"?!

Thanks for the clarification.

RUN, RUN, RUN to the US where you can obtain "both" quality and no taxes!

At least no taxes now for the moment.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Tax or no tax, saving a few thousand dollars and getting a bad hair transplant is no bargain. 12% is steep though.

And some of the very best of the best are right here in the good ole' United States!

And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free from 12% taxes on my HT procedure...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net