Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maradona
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by sausage
    I just wish they could get on with it and inject 3x as much.

How long do you think it will take them to build a facility to create this cure in large doses, open many clinics around the globe, etc etc.

That alone would surely take a long time.
    Hopefully spencer can help us out and open up clinics in los angeles/new york.

Comment

• Jan 2012

How long do you think it will take them to build a facility to create this cure in large doses, open many clinics around the globe, etc etc.

I'm pretty sure they have no real interest in building facilities, hiring people and such...
      As soon as their treatment is perfected, Replicel will sell it to a highest bidder who hopefully already has clinics around the country

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
        Inactive
        • Jan 2012

If it works out, no need for special clinics.. why not mass produce the stuff and just ship to existing hair clinics and surgeons..

Comment

• Kiwi
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by 2020
          I'm pretty sure they have no real interest in building facilities, hiring people and such...
          As soon as their treatment is perfected, Replicel will sell it to a highest bidder who hopefully already has clinics around the country
          You are an idiot.

You do not know anything and you have no inside knowledge. You are speculating out of your ass.

Comment

• Kiwi
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
            You are an idiot.

You do not know anything and you have no inside knowledge. You are speculating out of your ass.
            Hey Kiwi that was a bit mean!

What I meant to say was that if you had the cure for baldness (or even 1/100th of one) you'd probably not sell. Rather you'd become a multi billion dollar company and be the kind of company that buys companies... in the rather flippant "you don't know what the **** you're talking about" fashion

Comment

• Kiwi
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by StressedToTheBald
              If it works out, no need for special clinics.. why not mass produce the stuff and just ship to existing hair clinics and surgeons..
              Now there's a comment that makes sense.

I've spoken to a few HT docs who've already acknowledged that if and when this movement happens they will add it to the list of products that they already offer.

You need to be a skilled doctor to administer these new solutions. Somebody is sticking a needle into your head and injecting fairy dust into the place where your hair follicles live. They need to have steady fingers :P

Comment

• sausage
                • Jan 2012

If some cure does turn up that involves needing to go to a clinic of some sort then those phone booking lines are going to collapse, their website would get more traffic than Facebook and would probably collapse too, their will be bald men banging on the windows of the clinics demanding treatment, baldies will be so desperate for the treatment those that could not afford it will steal, borrow, barter to get this stuff.

Comment

• Losing_It
                  • Jun 2011

The way I understand it, a device will be used to inject the replicated cells back into the scalp. This eliminates human error. According to David Hall it will take about 45 minutes to do the entire scalp, but this I think depends on the skill of the person doing the procedure. With regard to actual facilities it is more tricky. For the time being samples will probably be send to central facilities, the culture of cells is not something your dermatologist would be able to do in his office. This of course depends entirely whether the procedure actually works.

As I understand histogen is in a better place to mass produce their treatment and ship it to many places as possible, physicians, dermatologist. I imagine a device will also be used to deliver the treatment that sorts out depth of delivery etc.

Just my two cents of speculation

Comment

• jpm
                    • Nov 2011

when are we expecting a Replicel update? what kind of things do you think they will update us about?

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by jpm
                      when are we expecting a Replicel update? what kind of things do you think they will update us about?
                      My understanding is that they will report trial results by the end of next month. I believe the trial was focused on patient safety, but if the results also demonstrated effectiveness for hair loss, I see no reason why they wouldn't report that as well.

Comment

• Tacola
                        • Dec 2011

Does anyone know if this treatment is anything to talk about? They say that they will have results by mid 2012.

INQUISITR brings the latest entertainment, political, technology and lifestyle news, along with healthy doses of gossip, trends and humor to a discerning global reader

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by Tacola
                          Does anyone know if this treatment is anything to talk about? They say that they will have results by mid 2012.

http://www.inquisitr.com/141589/bald...aker-of-botox/
                          They're talking about Latisse which is supposed to be a much better rogaine... someone on another forum already tried Latisse and it didn't work for them.

Comment

Working...