Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • born
    • Nov 2011

Progress of upcoming treatments

Can someone inform briefly where the current 4 companies are ?Do we have an pictures that those treatments are working? I'm new to this forum ,i've read some threads but i'm confused.Thanks in advance.
  • krewel
    • Aug 2011

They're all in Phase I and II, at least Replicel is in Phase I. No (new) pictures yet, we will see them this year.

Comment

• born
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by krewel
      They're all in Phase I and II, at least Replicel is in Phase I. No (new) pictures yet, we will see them this year.
      And what's so special about histogen?It's the most discussed treatment thus far.

Comment

• krewel
        • Aug 2011

Well their Phase I results have been pretty impressive, you can look at them here (you need to scroll down a bit) :

In simple words, it's an injection which makes your hair grow again.

But please consider that these are Phase I results. I have seen many people on this forum counting the amount of new hair on these pictures and saying things like "Oh this won't be enough etc..."
        Phase I is just there to ensure safety.

Comment

• Kirby_
          • Jan 2012

I have seen many people on this forum counting the amount of new hair on these pictures and saying things like "Oh this won't be enough etc..."
          Still better than nowt. Those pictures look very promising. No miracle cure of course, but noticeably better than the existing treatments as far as I know.

Comment

• ffar
            • Jan 2012

krewel do you have links where I can see thos results of histogen be patients?

Comment

• Kampung101
              • Oct 2011

They're all in Phase I and II
              Follica apparently finished phase 2 in the summer. So they should be heading into phase 3 in the near future.

Comment

• born
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Kampung101
                Follica apparently finished phase 2 in the summer. So they should be heading into phase 3 in the near future.
                I didn't know follica was on human trials.I really don't expect anything from them.It's hard to find info for those treatments.

Comment

• ffar
                  • Jan 2012

Yeah, follicia... can someone know what this treatmant will look like??

Comment

• Reece
                    • Aug 2011

Anyone still holding out hope for some type of replicel data q1 2012?

Comment

• Sogeking
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by ffar
                      Yeah, follicia... can someone know what this treatmant will look like??
                      Originally posted by KO from another forum
                      In the intial trial they did at Harvard University, they only tested dermabrasion with no pharmaceutical intervention, and 2 out of 15 people grew hairs with that. In this trial they've added the lithium component, but for the next trial it may even be possible for them to add more drugs to the lithium. Remember, everything they are using is already FDA approved, they're just looking for another indication to get it approved for
                      Basically there will be some wounding coupled with some lithium.

In my own opinion Follica a marginal treatment at best. I don't expect much from them. But Cotsarelis is doing good research for later generations so that is a plus. Anyways I wouldn't hope too much for Follica but competition is always good.

Comment

• HairTalk
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by born
                        And what's so special about histogen?It's the most discussed treatment thus far.
                        I agree that a lot of the hype around Histogen's H.S.C. is unfounded. Everything anyone can say is based on a single pilot study, which was conducted in January of 2009. People often cite "impressive numbers," but the one before–after photograph Histogen has (as of Jan., 2012) shared is anything but remarkable.

I believe, at the moment, Histogen, RepliCel, and Aderans are the three major companies exploring innovative hair-restoration techniques. Regaring which is farthest in the "race," I don't think any is ever so far ahead to let a person make a bold claim — and, as it is, the slightest stumble would quickly set the leader back a number of paces.

Besides these three companies, I'm interested to hear how Dr. Robert Bernstein's research has come along, assuming he did begin mid-2011. Earlier, I was curious to learn what Dr. Cooley discovers plucking and ACell, but I believe that's fallen through (as almost everything in this field tends to).

By ~April of 2012, I believe, if nothing else, we should have a sense from most, if not all, of the above four sources about their progress. Until then, as I said, I feel anyone making any strong claims about any is simply blowing hard.

Comment

• HairTalk
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Reece
                          Anyone still holding out hope for some type of replicel data q1 2012?
                          I see no reason why not. Enrolling subjects, then following through, are the most difficult parts of a study (unless you also count acquiring funding, etc.). RepliCel has successfully finished treating everyone it set out to; the only thing that could "go wrong," now, is subjects' not reporting for follow-up. If this happens, it'll be too bad, but the only real effect ought to be, RepliCel would publish results with a smaller-than-anticipated n; the data still ought to come in.

Now, this study of RepliCel comprised only 19 subjects (down from the initially-planned 20, to save time). So, of course, no result ought to be considered "conclusive"; but, if all 19 persons come out with full heads of hair and showing no adverse effects — a long-shot, but nice to think about— I think everyone will have earned the right to be extremely happy.

Comment

• born
                            • Nov 2011

There was a guy name bald halftruth from hair site saying ....

Hi Shooter. As I reported earlier... I was moved to the New Hyde Park, Long Island location (only 3 miles from where I live). I experienced pretty good regrowth to the two "almost" bald areas ARI worked on. "Pretty good" meaning cosmetically significant, but not the density I have on the "healthy" sides of my head. I'd say I've tripled the amount of hairs in those two small patches (approx. 2.5 square cm) ARI tested on. Where there were about 9-10 hairs in one of the patches, there are about 26-30 now. Significant increase, but not the density of 70-75 hairs per similar area on the sides of my head. But I'm due for another round of injections. They say theoretically, it should improve the results. We'll see. The reason for the long delay in the second round of injections is because they wanted to see if the new hairs have proper growth cycles.

Aderans method seams to work.The guy is indeed participant of aderans clinical trialts.

Comment

• ffar
                              • Jan 2012

Hi. I have question. Does Aderans and Replicel method make rest of your hair on top save from DHT??

Comment

Working...