+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ffar View Post
    Yeah, follicia... can someone know what this treatmant will look like??
    Quote Originally Posted by KO from another forum
    In the intial trial they did at Harvard University, they only tested dermabrasion with no pharmaceutical intervention, and 2 out of 15 people grew hairs with that. In this trial they've added the lithium component, but for the next trial it may even be possible for them to add more drugs to the lithium. Remember, everything they are using is already FDA approved, they're just looking for another indication to get it approved for
    Basically there will be some wounding coupled with some lithium.

In my own opinion Follica a marginal treatment at best. I don't expect much from them. But Cotsarelis is doing good research for later generations so that is a plus. Anyways I wouldn't hope too much for Follica but competition is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by born View Post
    And what's so special about histogen?It's the most discussed treatment thus far.
    I agree that a lot of the hype around Histogen's H.S.C. is unfounded. Everything anyone can say is based on a single pilot study, which was conducted in January of 2009. People often cite "impressive numbers," but the one before–after photograph Histogen has (as of Jan., 2012) shared is anything but remarkable.

I believe, at the moment, Histogen, RepliCel, and Aderans are the three major companies exploring innovative hair-restoration techniques. Regaring which is farthest in the "race," I don't think any is ever so far ahead to let a person make a bold claim — and, as it is, the slightest stumble would quickly set the leader back a number of paces.

Besides these three companies, I'm interested to hear how Dr. Robert Bernstein's research has come along, assuming he did begin mid-2011. Earlier, I was curious to learn what Dr. Cooley discovers plucking and ACell, but I believe that's fallen through (as almost everything in this field tends to).

By ~April of 2012, I believe, if nothing else, we should have a sense from most, if not all, of the above four sources about their progress. Until then, as I said, I feel anyone making any strong claims about any is simply blowing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Reece View Post
    Anyone still holding out hope for some type of replicel data q1 2012?
    I see no reason why not. Enrolling subjects, then following through, are the most difficult parts of a study (unless you also count acquiring funding, etc.). RepliCel has successfully finished treating everyone it set out to; the only thing that could "go wrong," now, is subjects' not reporting for follow-up. If this happens, it'll be too bad, but the only real effect ought to be, RepliCel would publish results with a smaller-than-anticipated n; the data still ought to come in.

Now, this study of RepliCel comprised only 19 subjects (down from the initially-planned 20, to save time). So, of course, no result ought to be considered "conclusive"; but, if all 19 persons come out with full heads of hair and showing no adverse effects — a long-shot, but nice to think about— I think everyone will have earned the right to be extremely happy.

There was a guy name bald halftruth from hair site saying ....

Hi Shooter. As I reported earlier... I was moved to the New Hyde Park, Long Island location (only 3 miles from where I live). I experienced pretty good regrowth to the two "almost" bald areas ARI worked on. "Pretty good" meaning cosmetically significant, but not the density I have on the "healthy" sides of my head. I'd say I've tripled the amount of hairs in those two small patches (approx. 2.5 square cm) ARI tested on. Where there were about 9-10 hairs in one of the patches, there are about 26-30 now. Significant increase, but not the density of 70-75 hairs per similar area on the sides of my head. But I'm due for another round of injections. They say theoretically, it should improve the results. We'll see. The reason for the long delay in the second round of injections is because they wanted to see if the new hairs have proper growth cycles.

Aderans method seams to work.The guy is indeed participant of aderans clinical trialts.

Hi. I have question. Does Aderans and Replicel method make rest of your hair on top save from DHT??

Quote Originally Posted by ffar View Post
    Hi. I have question. Does Aderans and Replicel method make rest of your hair on top save from DHT??
    Replicel yes but I'm not sure about Aderans. But I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    but the one before–after photograph Histogen has (as of Jan., 2012) shared is anything but remarkable.
    Keep in mind that the area of injection that photographed was no larger than a dime. Obviously a tiny area with a zoomed in picture isn't going to look that impressive, but considering the hair count they got per cm squared on just the 1st trial, its pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by born View Post
    There was a guy name bald halftruth from hair site saying ....

Hi Shooter. As I reported earlier... I was moved to the New Hyde Park, Long Island location (only 3 miles from where I live). I experienced pretty good regrowth to the two "almost" bald areas ARI worked on. "Pretty good" meaning cosmetically significant, but not the density I have on the "healthy" sides of my head. I'd say I've tripled the amount of hairs in those two small patches (approx. 2.5 square cm) ARI tested on. Where there were about 9-10 hairs in one of the patches, there are about 26-30 now. Significant increase, but not the density of 70-75 hairs per similar area on the sides of my head. But I'm due for another round of injections. They say theoretically, it should improve the results. We'll see. The reason for the long delay in the second round of injections is because they wanted to see if the new hairs have proper growth cycles.

Aderans method seams to work.The guy is indeed participant of aderans clinical trialts.
    Interesting find. I have to admit, since this is from hairsite, I'm a little bit cautious, but if you trust this poster, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

If what he says is true, and these results are the general norm for those in the experimental group, then things seem to be going pretty positive for Aderans.

Default RepliCel

Quote Originally Posted by Reece View Post
    Anyone still holding out hope for some type of replicel data q1 2012?
    Hello Everyone.. After having a small email conversation with the director of communications from RepliCel it is apparant that they are still planning on posting their phase 1 results sometime in late March. They are also hoping to start their phase 2b dosing trail in the Fall of 2012.

I really have hope in all of the treatments/cures: Replicel, Histogen, Aderans, Follica. They all instill hope in me for different reasons. I think Replicel really offers us the best chance to restore our full heads of hair; their technique seems to be very innovative, concrete, and well-researched. I love how their procedure is supposed to create new follicles as well as repair damaged ones. I really like that Histogen's procedure is non-invasive and does not create any permanent scarring whatsoever. I think that testing has determined that HSC Complex can already create as much hair in a bald spot as your average transplant. I was not as confident in Aderans's results but since they recently received a $100 million investment, this may kick their procedure into high gear and they may be onto something. With regards to Follica, I think that Cotsarelis seems to be too much of a knowledgeable hair loss researcher to think that only micro-abrasion and lithium can lead to meaningful hair regrowth. I believe that lithium is only a very weak WNT agonist. And I don't think that Follica would market something that barely exceeds the expectations of today's shitbag options like Rogaine, Propecia, and regular hair transplants. Therefore, I think that Cotsarelis is developing a much more intricate and effective procedure than lithium + derm-abrasion. But I'm not a big fan of Cotsarelis's negativity, saying that hair loss won't be cured anytime soon. Having a full head of hair is so important to all of us so I don't see what the point is of being so damn negative. I really like the optimism of Replicel's founders who really believe they have found the cure to hair loss. That really just gives me a reason for living because I absolutely refuse to live the life of a bald man.
    What I really do not have confidence in are these applications that attempt to multiply hair using hair transplants. I know that Drs. Bernstein and Cooley are somehow attempting to transplant hair and then regrow the hair from where it was transplanted using Acell. As we know normal hair transplants don't even come close to achieving a full head of hair, and even if this Acell technique was effective, then Acell would regenerate plucked hair in the donor area, thereby creating hair for more and more hair transplants. So I guess this would then allow doctors to pluck hair, regenerate the plucked hair follicle using Acell which would then allow them to pluck the hair regenerated by Acell all over again. This just does not seem feasible in my eyes, would create massive scarring, and would not even come close to giving us the full head of hair that we all want. And even then, you'll still need to be on Rogaine and Propecia for life. I wish that these doctors would forget about these hair transplants already, since they are very limited, extremely invasive, and don't give us nearly the results that we want. But I don't think that they're going to do that, since these HT's are huge money making machines.