+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    If it works out, no need for special clinics.. why not mass produce the stuff and just ship to existing hair clinics and surgeons..
    Now there's a comment that makes sense.

I've spoken to a few HT docs who've already acknowledged that if and when this movement happens they will add it to the list of products that they already offer.

You need to be a skilled doctor to administer these new solutions. Somebody is sticking a needle into your head and injecting fairy dust into the place where your hair follicles live. They need to have steady fingers :P

If some cure does turn up that involves needing to go to a clinic of some sort then those phone booking lines are going to collapse, their website would get more traffic than Facebook and would probably collapse too, their will be bald men banging on the windows of the clinics demanding treatment, baldies will be so desperate for the treatment those that could not afford it will steal, borrow, barter to get this stuff.

The way I understand it, a device will be used to inject the replicated cells back into the scalp. This eliminates human error. According to David Hall it will take about 45 minutes to do the entire scalp, but this I think depends on the skill of the person doing the procedure. With regard to actual facilities it is more tricky. For the time being samples will probably be send to central facilities, the culture of cells is not something your dermatologist would be able to do in his office. This of course depends entirely whether the procedure actually works.

As I understand histogen is in a better place to mass produce their treatment and ship it to many places as possible, physicians, dermatologist. I imagine a device will also be used to deliver the treatment that sorts out depth of delivery etc.

Just my two cents of speculation

when are we expecting a Replicel update? what kind of things do you think they will update us about?

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    when are we expecting a Replicel update? what kind of things do you think they will update us about?
    My understanding is that they will report trial results by the end of next month. I believe the trial was focused on patient safety, but if the results also demonstrated effectiveness for hair loss, I see no reason why they wouldn't report that as well.

Does anyone know if this treatment is anything to talk about? They say that they will have results by mid 2012.

http://www.inquisitr.com/141589/bald...aker-of-botox/

Quote Originally Posted by Tacola View Post
    Does anyone know if this treatment is anything to talk about? They say that they will have results by mid 2012.

http://www.inquisitr.com/141589/bald...aker-of-botox/
    They're talking about Latisse which is supposed to be a much better rogaine... someone on another forum already tried Latisse and it didn't work for them.