+ Reply to Thread

Default New thread... few questions

Hi.. I am posting this message again 'cause a fellow posted a thread within my thread, thus was left unanswered.

.... another question to the forum..
    I have contacted the Crown Clinic here in Sydney and I have an appointment for a Trichologist analisys.. has anybody heard any of these 2 before? is it a good clinic? what about the Trichologist analisys.?

And last but not least, has anybody used 15% Minoxidil + 5% Azelaic? or 10%.... here in Au they sell it and I wanna know if that % is way to high or unsafe.

Also must of the recommendations I find here is Nizoral,with minoxidil and laser combs, so can you please recommend any laser comb brands that are proved to work?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by morocho View Post
    I wanna know if that % is way to high or unsafe.
    Higher dose does not equate to more effectiveness. Higher dose does equate to increasing the probability of experiencing negative sides effects.

Here in the U.S., the highest dose you can get through legitimate channels and without a prescription is 5%. There is probably a very good reason for that. It is most likely to achieve a more acceptable side effect profile.

Quote Originally Posted by morocho View Post
    ...can you please recommend any laser comb brands that are proved to work?
    The only home use laser device that has received FDA clearance for the treatment of hereditary hair loss is the Hairmax laser comb from Lexington International.

[QUOTE=Tracy C;46575]Higher dose does not equate to more effectiveness. Higher dose does equate to increasing the probability of experiencing negative sides effects.

Here in the U.S., the highest dose you can get through legitimate channels and without a prescription is 5%. There is probably a very good reason for that. It is most likely to achieve a more acceptable side effect profile.

Tracy, I have followed many of your postings, as a newby to the site - and am broadly in agreement with much of your - in the main - mainstream advice. However, I wondered how you deal with the the fact that so many 'swear by' Dr Lee's products (the defunct - since March - regrowth.com). I believe Spex posted and said many of his patients say the same thing about the value of Dr Lee's products, incidentally.

I, for one, am running around like a headless chicken looking for advice on what to use to substitute for his ******* 15. Many of us used this for up to 10 years, having been advised to move to it from ******* 5 by Dr Lee - give our particular circumstances.

As you may know, the FDA closed his operation in March. I developed an allergy to PG which was what led me to Dr Lee, in the first place - after using over the counter Regaine. I do take fin, I may start Nizoral 1%.

Irrationally, or not, to switch to 5% Regaine foam, twice a day - from ******* 5 and ******* 15 (probably the 'mainstream' advice?) seems more scary than to go with something like Dualgen - 5 and 15 (minoxidil max).With the minox, there is 5% azeliac acid - not proven, of course, in all these products.

Those anti-Lee often explain his apparent 'success' by saying it was the first rate minoxidil that he used that was most responsible. Also, for someone like me, his professional and 'realistic' approach eventually led me to trust both him and his products.

I would be very glad of your view. I'm assuming you know, too, that minoxidil.solutions which purported to take over his operation around July - ceased trading in December. There are mixed views on the efficacy of their product; their legitimacy, and their operation, in general. Either way, it is irrelevant now because they have gone.

Your advice would be most appreciated. Although, to be honest, I think I picked up from other postings of yours that you were not very knowledgeable about Dr Lee - there were certain inaccuracies in the general thread. I found this rather surprising when so many in the MPB community rated him and his products so highly.

It would be good to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by *******user View Post
    However, I wondered how you deal with the the fact that so many 'swear by' Dr Lee's products (the defunct - since March - regrowth.com).
    I don't. It is not my place to "deal" with what other people do to their bodies. There is a reason "providers" such as you mentioned have been shut down - and will be continue to be shut down in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by *******user View Post
    Your advice would be most appreciated. Although, to be honest, I think I picked up from other postings of yours that you were not very knowledgeable about Dr Lee...
    I have heard of Dr. Lee from others who have been harmed from using his formula's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I don't. It is not my place to "deal" with what other people do to their bodies. There is a reason "providers" such as you mentioned have been shut down - and will be continue to be shut down in the future.

I have heard of Dr. Lee from others who have been harmed from using his formula's.
    This thread - of particular relevance to those who use or who are thinking of using solutions of minox over 5% - has continued on the thread 'The Big Three'. Hopefully, posters will look there if they wish to continue following this thread. The whole thread is excellent, in my view.