+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mcjpgr View Post
    I saw that it was just for those who were 18-49.
    The medicine does not know how old you are. Since you were already using it, there was no need to stop using it just because you turned 50.

I understand that there is another product called Regain that is for adults 18-65.
    Rogaine and Regaine are the exact same medicine (Minoxidil). Regaine is just another name for Rogaine.

Is it too late for me to go back on Minoxidil using that product?
    I would not have stopped if I were you. Let me ask you, are you also using Propecia or generic Finasteride? Do you have bald patches that have been void of hair for a long time? Have you been to a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought the FDA clearance was in regards to safety not efficacy? Anecdotal reports seem to indicate home use LLT units with superior coverage (helmet variety) rather than hand held devices, there are many salons that charge a mint for LLT and offer money back guarantees on treatment and their units cost 30 -40k - you should perhaps try and acquire a unit with identical or similar specs.
    Sound like you have done your research, IMHO folligen or similar copper topicals are most worthy of inclusion to the mix and emu oil most definitely worth a shot and at then theres the speculative attempts you could make with the various growth factor topicals
    one of the guys selling this one is nearly bald ? but seems ok if your trying everything and have the cash theres also some interesting articles on LLT
    http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.p...pical_released

Thanks Tracy - I have never used propecia or the generic. I have shed hair gradually over the past 2-3 years, with increasing shedding over the last couple of months. I have spoken to my general practiitioner. Hel told me what I have is male pattern baldness and did not recommend propecia because of possible side effects. I have to start doing something soon. I am adjusting my diet the best I can and keeping my blow dryer farther away from my head. I have also started taking an all natural vitamin about a month ago, it's not really a treatment, but it should not hurt. Should I restart Regain?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought the FDA clearance was in regards to safety not efficacy?
    Though many people wrongfully believe that is the case, that is in fact not the case. In order to get the FDA clearance, Lexington had to prove both safety and efficacy.

Anecdotal reports seem to indicate home use LLT units with superior coverage (helmet variety) rather than hand held devices, there are many salons that charge a mint for LLT and offer money back guarantees on treatment and their units cost 30 -40k - you should perhaps try and acquire a unit with identical or similar specs.
    Why should I? I am already using a device that works. I am already using a device that has multiple multi-center, double blinded placebo controled clinical studies behind it - and FDA clearance for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia in both men and women. I have no need to try a device that is not FDA cleared. My laser comb is FDA cleared - and it works. The device you are suggesting has not gone through the FDA clearance process. The device I own and use has.

IMHO folligen or similar copper topicals are most worthy of inclusion to the mix and emu oil most definitely worth a shot and at then theres the speculative attempts you could make with the various growth factor topicals.
    IMHO, none of that nonsense is worth consideration much less inclusion. I've been treating my hair loss for over four years now. I am working with one of the best doctors a person could ask for - and I am getting results. I think I am in good shape. I do not need to incorporate over priced bottles of empty promises into my regimen.

Should I restart Regain?
    I would if I were you. I recommend using Regaine foam/Rogaine foam in the mornings because it is stealthy and then use generic liquid Minoxidil in the evening because it is less expensive.

I also recommend using Nizoral A-D shampoo in place of your regular shampoo once or twice per week. If you choose to use 2% Nizoral shampoo instead, only use that one once per week unless a doctor has specifically told you to use it more often than that. Also make sure to use a good quality moisturizing conditioner.

If you do not have bald patches that have been void of hair for a long time, I also recommend the laser comb.

Concerns over the possible side effects of using Propecia or generic Finasteride do not apply to me. So it is not my place to try to talk you into using Propecia or generic Finasteride. However you do need to know that if you are not willing to take anything to treat the cause of your hair loss, you may need to adjust your expectations a little. The frequency of side effects from Propecia or generic Finasteride is very small. To let you hear it from other guys, here are a couple of links to installments of "The Bald Truth" for you to listen to:

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/hair-los...-truth-103011/

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/articles...ct-or-fiction/

Tracy - I have ordered Nizoral A-D- shampoo. Also, I have 3 bottles of Loreal shampoo and conditioner for thining hair. Maybe I will alternate between the two. I will still need conditioner for the Nizoral and I will ask my wife's beautician about that, unless you recommend something else. I am on my way to the store to pice up monoxidil and Rogaine foam. Next time I see my doctor, I will ask again about propecia. Maybe down the road I will order the Hairmax. I feel better already. You know how much this means. If you have any more recommendations, please let me know. Thanks.

Tracy - I have ordered Nizoral A-D- shampoo.
    Is it not available in your local stores? I don't know where you live. I am in the U.S. and I buy Nizoral A-D shampoo at either Walmart or CVS. Though there was a shortage this past year, that shortage seems to have been resolved. Just to make sure you know, don't use Nizoral A-D shampoo more than twice per week. Once per week is typically enough.

If you like the Loreal shampoo and conditioner, why not just that conditioner when you wash with Nizoral? Salons typically recommend the shampoo's and conditioners they sell. My solan does that. Although the stuff they sell at my salon is very good, I still like Aveeno Nourish+ products better.

I feel better already. You know how much this means.
    I know more than you may realize. I am glad you feel better.