Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robertg
    • Dec 2011

unsure what to do

Hi, first-time poster here. I was hoping someone could please help me figure out what's going on with my hairline. I'm 23 and over the past few months have been noticing some thinning in my temples. It also seems like my hairline has started to recede. Is this my hair going back to its mature spot, or am I in the early stages of balding? I'm don't think I'm balding on the crown, but the pictures make me unsure. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files
  • ulanude
    • Dec 2011

I'd say there is nothing to be worried about. There are some slight signs of a receeding hairline but crown looks fine to me. I wouldn't categorizse you even at NW 1.

Comment

• spm
      • Apr 2011

You know your hair better than anyone of any changes. If you are worried I would go to a doctor who specializes in hair loss and have him check your hair out. It's best to be vigilant and catch it early. You can find a list of doctors on the home page of thebladtruth.com.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by robertg
        Is this my hair going back to its mature spot, or am I in the early stages of balding? I'm don't think I'm balding on the crown, but the pictures make me unsure. Any insight is appreciated.
        Here is the chart. You look like a NW2 to me, which is simply the mature male hairline. You can probably arrest it from getting worse but you need to talk to your doctor about it.

Comment

• stratofortress
          • Oct 2011

Hard to tell if your crown's thinning or not, as a pale scalp and darker hair can give the illusion of thinning. If there is thinning it's still minor. However, I do see recession and imo it is receding a bit.

You still have a decent head of hair, though and you've got a shot at maintaining it for a long time.

You could consider fin to halt the loss and hopefully thicken it up a bit where there's thinning.

Comment

Working...