+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodkid View Post
    Hey guys, OP here. Happy NYE firstly. This is the first time I've visited the forum since I posted, and wow, this is great. Even the bickering and apologizing- everyone for once seems to be on the same team. Cool.

I'm an active member of the social web community Reddit, and we've been making huge moves and are getting press about the effects of our recent political activism about such issues as SOPA and the NDAA (if you are familiar with these bills, google them, they are much bigger issues than hair loss.)

That's relevant to this thread because Reddit has proved that internet communities can band together for a cause and have real effects on the world. So yes, this thread could be the start of a movement. However I have one reservation: I'm not sure a petition will do us any good. What is the goal of the petition? Is it to have our voices heard? Is a petition the most effective way to do that? When SOPA was being kicked around congress a couple weeks back Redditors and other online communities instructed users to call their representatives to voice their opinions. We should be calling surgeons and telling them what we want. Call Spencer and tell him. Just call in for 30 seconds and say that we have this movement going and that you wanted to bring it into the light. And then call again. 10 people should call in each Sunday. Dawkins is right, we shouldn't wait to take action. The buzz started in this thread is a great start. Petitions work (sort of) for fighting political bodies that have more power than individuals do. Surgeons are not oppressive dictators, they simply have a skill that we would like them to slightly tweak for the better. Let this thread be the beginning to an organic movement to voice what we desire. As it grows, in time, I believe there will be more clarity to the medium in which we should focus our demands.

By the way, coming back to this post has made my evening. Nice way to start the new year.

I would say the goal of the petition is to make surgeons aware of the demand

It should be "a list of persons who refuse to undergo a traditional transplant, but (were it available) would purchase a reasonably priced and more local HST procedure with in the next year"

if the above statement applies to you, you sign the petition. The more people sign, the more interested surgeons will be in HST-- I guarantee it.

I've suggested people call their surgeons. The petition is a more public, more visually quantitative approach. Rather than loose and sporadic e-mails, we will have one unified mission, one unified message, and one unified data point (the total number of signatures).

Also, it may be easier to get people to sign a petition, than to draft an e-mail or make a phone call.

The petition should involve a quick description of the history of hair transplants and why HST is superior, yet not offered. Then "the statement", then you just sign. Im not sure about how to do this online. Maybe spencer will start a thread, and delete any posts that aren't a simple "signature"?

its more of a survey than a petition, however the persuasiveness of the survey, and the fact that the marketer of the service isn't instilling the survey, makes it petition-like

Is there any legal problems of other doctors performing the same procedure as Gho? Hasn't he patented some elements of the procedure or the tools used?

Could the procedure be done without these same patented tools?

Or are you hoping Gho will sell his methods/tools for the 50kusd.

I'm not disputing anything here regarding your petition, just making sure it holds weight!

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Is there any legal problems of other doctors performing the same procedure as Gho? Hasn't he patented some elements of the procedure or the tools used?

Could the procedure be done without these same patented tools?

Or are you hoping Gho will sell his methods/tools for the 50kusd.

I'm not disputing anything here regarding your petition, just making sure it holds weight!
    I believe that to offer the procedure they may have to go through Gho. However, their are thousands of franchises and hundreds of extremely profitable franchise owners. I think, franchise or not, that if the demand is large enough, at least one doctor will offer it.

Although GC, you are right. For the doctors it will not be as easy as just offering the new procedure. I think they will have to offer their own version or talk to Gho.

If because of a perceived demand, doctor rassman is willing to invest in hair tattoo machines and the marketing of his hair tattoos, then why not HST? We just need to let surgeons know the demand for what they offer is dropping (refuse to undergo a traditional transplant) and that the demand for HST is rising (but would get a HST with in the next year, were it available)

I think as they see the list of names grow under "the statement", they will change their tune (and their practices).

Inactive

Agree, its not about legal problems but rather "Willingness" to do it.

For example Cole got criticised very drastic and harshly ( to a certain amount this was understandable because he let some statements slip but that doesnt matter) and now he is investigating his own idea and he got promising results, according to him around 60% regeneration which is ok but nothing to jump on roght now, cause 70 to 80% is the magic regeneration number for posible NW7 guys to get fully fixed.

He is doing it by promoting regneration with Acell, which can work but dont has to work all the time, its just another side approach.

As another example, why isnt Armani offering HST, he could easily afford the licence.

But the problem is, the moment you as an individual surgeon offering HST, the moment you have to admit that all the sold transplants before that very useless.

So i think with afull force petition this will force the clinics to do it. But this will only work if we can kick of shills and stick together on this.

First steps

1) Dont get FUT anymore

2) Cancel FUE appointments with the remark " If you are not going into HSt which has obviously shown some superior facts over FUE like shot gun wounds and downtime, you cant count on my money"

Believe me when at least 10 patients cancel their appointments at one clinic, with a tendency to increase the jump off number, those clinics will reevaluate their opinion.

As an example, lets assume each of those 10 patients would have net you around 7000 US Dollars. This would make up 70.000 US Dollars. Assume you lose this amount in lets say three weeks.

Now take a look at the offering of HST for getting it for around 60.000 US Dollars.

With the licence and no jumped off patient, you would have made around 10.000 US Dollars winnings and got 10 more patients who will come again (cause of the regeneration) and ill spread the commercial drum for you.

And now assume that you will lose 10 or more patients each month, this will make it very hard for you.

So i say we should do it, clinics had their funny man days long enough and we saw to many repair cases and comb over stuff.

If we do it now, we could have this by 2013, if we dont do it now.......we have problems.

Sounds good to me. A few of you have mentioned that I, as the OP, should create the petition. That is flattering, and I am glad that I have sparked such interest, however the burden of leading the charge is not a responsibility I can handle right now. For example, I looked into starting the petition, which by the way is incredibly easy, and once it is posted the creator has the ability to promote the petition through email blasts, facebook, twitter, advertising, you name it. That person would also have the responsibility of managing and using the petition as desired when the time comes.

I, for my own sanity, am the type to only creep around the forums every week or two. The person that owns the petition needs to be an active/everyday user of this site and others. I will do all I can comfortably do to support the movement, but managing this thing is not in my comfort zone.

I hope you guys understand.

I think a big issue will be the anonymity of persons signing the contract. I personally would not like to sign my actual name. I'm not sure how we would get around this deterrent. This is why I suggested a Thread/petition that would be monitored by a BaldTruth Admin. He could delete double posts (if the same IP address signs the survey twice) and he could delete posts that deal with debate or commenting-- leaving only actual "e-signatures"

If there are any lawyers on the forum, we should have them help draft it. Otherwise, I would be willing to help draft it. The petition should be short and sweet.

Did anybody even look at the website I posted....

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro5422 View Post
    Did anybody even look at the website I posted....
    yes. hence why i said "I think a big issue will be the anonymity of persons signing the contract. I personally would not like to sign my actual name."

which is why i suggested "a Thread/petition that would be monitored by a BaldTruth Admin."

When you sign it you have the option of showing your actual name or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro5422 View Post
    When you sign it you have the option of showing your actual name or not.
    o, well just say that then. its not very apparent on the homepage.

anyway, i'll look into making one, but I'm not sure ill be the best candidate for this.