+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    But I live in Canada so maybe generic stuff is cheaper in other places.
    I live in the U.S., the cost of a three month supply of men's Rogaine foam is less than $50.00 at Walmart. I only use it once a day so a three month supply last me a little longer than six months. The cost of a three months supply of generic women's 2% Minoxidil at Walmart is less than $20.00. I use this only once a day as well, so this three month supply also last me six months. So it costs me a little less than $12.00 per month to use Minoxidil.

I don't think all Minoxidil is the same. I think there is a difference in the quality of the solution (maybe not the minox).
    There may some truth to that. I can't say for sure because the only generic Minoxidil I have ever used was Walmart's "Equate" brand generic Minoxidil. I see no need to try another generic brand while Walmart's generic brand is working for me and it doesn't cost very much.

Isn't rogaine foam more expensive then DNC? A months supply of DNC cost $35., when I used generic minoxidil it was $32 for a month supply, not much different. But I live in Canada so maybe generic stuff is cheaper in other places.

Although cost is a huge thing for me, since I am a grad student, but I try and spend less elsewhere and save up to use DNC. I wouldn't use anything other than Rogaine or DNC. The reason being, I don't think all Minoxidil is the same. I think there is a difference in the quality of the solution (maybe not the minox). When I was using generic Minox, my head was like snow, disgusting dandruff everywhere. I had no such problems with DNC. With the generic stuff I also started getting a few red pimples on my scalp, like tiny inflamations.

But perhaps it was specifically my scalp that didn't work well with the particular brand of generic minox.
    Hello Khan. I think Generic Minoxidil must be cheaper here in the US. You can get a 3 mos supply of 5% Minox for about $20. But, like you said, the DNC is better for me because it dries quick. The regular minox stays wet and greasy for hours and ends up getting all over the place. Also I useually end up using more than 1 bottle of DNC per month so it cost me closer to $70 a month. Wish it was cheaper. I may have to go back to the cheap stuff for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by jayth View Post
    Also I useually end up using more than 1 bottle of DNC per month so it cost me closer to $70 a month.

Guys don't know how to shop...

A three month supply of men's Rogaine foam is less than $50.00 at Walmart... That would be less than $17.00 per month to use name brand Minoxidil.

I also see adds for the three month supply of men's Rogaine foam at CVS for less than $50.00.

A four month supply of men's Rogaine foam is less than $60.00 directly from the Rogaine website. That is less than $15.00 per month.