+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default please save this 20 year old. spectral dnc?

hey so im new to the forums and ive been reading alot of information. but i have heard alot of good and bad things about spectral dnc, i know people were saying that it is bad but that was before they got the new product (when it was yellow or whatever) i am only 20 and i have a serious receding hair line and im on finistride and some vitamins. i definitely need something to thicken up the front. my hair right now is pretty long and the hair loss isnt noticeable because its long, but there is definitely hair loss and ive been to the doctor to confirm that. i am very upset and need help, can someone please tell me if its a good idea to start spectral dnc and their thoughts. also i dont wanna use it and then stop and my hair loss gets WORST. someone please help me, i dont know what ill do when i lose my hair...and im only 20!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phlifter View Post
    hey so im new to the forums and ive been reading alot of information. but i have heard alot of good and bad things about spectral dnc, i know people were saying that it is bad but that was before they got the new product (when it was yellow or whatever) i am only 20 and i have a serious receding hair line and im on finistride and some vitamins. i definitely need something to thicken up the front. my hair right now is pretty long and the hair loss isnt noticeable because its long, but there is definitely hair loss and ive been to the doctor to confirm that. i am very upset and need help, can someone please tell me if its a good idea to start spectral dnc and their thoughts. also i dont wanna use it and then stop and my hair loss gets WORST. someone please help me, i dont know what ill do when i lose my hair...and im only 20!!!
    Not sure why nobody replied to you dude. I have used Spectral DNC in the past with good results. My problem is the cost. $35 a bottle is expensive. I usually used 2 a month so it did damage to my wallet for sure. But yeah, i thought it was a good product.. You can order it on Amazon a little cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by phlifter View Post
    i am only 20 and i have a serious receding hair line and im on finistride and some vitamins. i definitely need something to thicken up the front.
    Stick with the medications that are proven to work to treat hereditary hair loss. You are wasting your money on any other pill or lotion that has not been proven to work and approved by the FDA for the treatment of hereditary hair loss.

I have been on Spectral DNC since Feb 2010. Its a good product. I can't compare it to generic Minox, since I only tried the generic stuff for 1.5months and had to stop using it cause of itchy scalp and dandruff. I haven't had that problem with DNC.

I don't think its been that effective for me. I would put it in the moderate results category. I had to eventually start using Fin and DNC combo, since DNC on its own didn't completely stop the hairloss.

If I were to do thing all over again, I would first start with Fin, then seen if I needed DNC or not.

Best of luck,

Also wanted to add, that I started using DNC-L instead of DNC for about 7months. It made no difference to my hair, so I went back to DNC.
    Mainly because DNC-L does not dry, and stink like anything. You might not notice and get use to it, but trust me the smell is bad. And your hair will be greasy all day, almost like you haven't washed them for days.
    DNC dries with 15min.
    I had high hopes going from DNC to DNC-L cause the latter has 3 natual DHT blockers, but I didn't find any difference b/w the two products.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    I have been on Spectral DNC since Feb 2010. Its a good product. I can't compare it to generic Minox, since I only tried the generic stuff for 1.5months and had to stop using it cause of itchy scalp and dandruff. I haven't had that problem with DNC.

I don't think its been that effective for me. I would put it in the moderate results category. I had to eventually start using Fin and DNC combo, since DNC on its own didn't completely stop the hairloss.

If I were to do thing all over again, I would first start with Fin, then seen if I needed DNC or not.

Best of luck,
    Funny you say that Khan. I just bought 2 bottles of DNC-L on Amazon! Oh well. Next time i'll try the regular DNC. I thought the lotion would be better for the hairline area.

I'm waiting for Tracy to talk trash on DNC now lol!

Quote Originally Posted by jayth View Post
    I'm waiting for Tracy to talk trash on DNC now lol!
    I know you don't realize it or want to accept it - but I am actually trying to help you folks. You folks who keep looking elsewhere for a solution to hereditary hair loss are avoiding reality. Hiding from reality is not helping you. You are wasting time, money and hair that could possibly be saved.

Yes, DNC is an over priced bottle of empty promises - but it's your time, money and hair you are wasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I know you don't realize it or want to accept it - but I am actually trying to help you folks. You folks who keep looking elsewhere for a solution to hereditary hair loss are avoiding reality. Hiding from reality is not helping you. You are wasting time, money and hair that could possibly be saved.

Yes, DNC is an over priced bottle of empty promises - but it's your time, money and hair you are wasting.
    Tracy, lighten up a little my friend. You are a little too serious. I was just making a joke....hence the lol at the end. Were not dying of cancer here. Were losing our hair and yes it sucks. Are you that sure that nothing else works except Kirkland brand? Or is that just what you prefer because it's cheap and you have been on it for years. I totally appreciate your help. Really, I do. If you are that sure that everything is a waste of money then maybe I should switch back to the cheap stuff. The only thing I dont like about it is it takes 3 hours to dry and it's super greasy. The expensive Minox solutions seem to dry faster IMO. Can you elaborate a little on why you think everything is a waste. Have you tried these products and did'nt get results? I'm really grateful to have someone with as much knowledge as you. I might be able to save some $$ finally. These products are tapping into my retirement funds!

Tracy, lighten up a little my friend. You are a little too serious. I was just making a joke....
    Sorry, I didn't realize you were joking. Even though I am a red head I do have blonde moments from time to time.

Are you that sure that nothing else works except Kirkland brand?
    You are confusing me with someone else. I have never used Kirkland's brand of generic Minoxidil. I use name brand men's Rogaine foam and Walmart's Equate brand of women's 2% generic Minoxidil. When speaking of generic Minoxidil, I don't think the brand of the generic matters. As long as the medicine in the bottle is genuine Minoxidil, that’s all that really matters.

The only thing I dont like about it is it takes 3 hours to dry and it's super greasy.
    That is exactly why I use men's Rogaine foam in the mornings. Women's generic Minoxidil is not as greasy as men's generic Minoxidil but the foam is still more stealthy. I use the liquid for my evening dose. Many women suffering with hereditary hair loss are doing that.

Can you elaborate a little on why you think everything is a waste.
    As they say on CSI the evidence does not lie. The only pill and lotion that has ever been proven to actually work to treat hereditary hair loss are Propecia (or generic Finasteride) and Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil). There is absolutely no legitimate study that actually proves any of those thousands of other pills and lotions actually work. If they did, it would be all over the news. Everyone would know about it. You would not need to do internet "research" to find it - and they would be able to get FDA approval. The reason all those other products can't get FDA approval for treating hereditary hair loss is because they do not work.

Isn't rogaine foam more expensive then DNC? A months supply of DNC cost $35., when I used generic minoxidil it was $32 for a month supply, not much different. But I live in Canada so maybe generic stuff is cheaper in other places.

Although cost is a huge thing for me, since I am a grad student, but I try and spend less elsewhere and save up to use DNC. I wouldn't use anything other than Rogaine or DNC. The reason being, I don't think all Minoxidil is the same. I think there is a difference in the quality of the solution (maybe not the minox). When I was using generic Minox, my head was like snow, disgusting dandruff everywhere. I had no such problems with DNC. With the generic stuff I also started getting a few red pimples on my scalp, like tiny inflamations.

But perhaps it was specifically my scalp that didn't work well with the particular brand of generic minox.