+ Reply to Thread

Default my story, experts please help,

This is my first time in a forum, so please pardon any questions or my method.
    I currently live in Syd, Au and I am 29. I’ve been feeling hairloss for 7 years, but it has been manageable until a year ago aprox; for the last 4 years I’ve been using minoxidil 5% on the front part of my scalp, and every 3 months or so my hair falls a lot and then it stabilises for a few months and then they fall again. Over the last 6 months or 7, my hair loss hasn’t stop, apart from that, my front scalp literally hurts, it’s irritated and the hair loss continues. I have stopped minoxidil for almost a month now but the irritation and a little pain still there.
    Please any suggestions (besides FUE ) will be more than welcomed. ( another thing is my front scalp it has become a bit more oily) Some people say it might be stress related. Any contacts for a good scalp physician in Syd, AU?

Many thanks!!!

If you've experienced the painful scalp, that could be due to something else and you should go see you GP asap.
    I've heard of and actually experienced itchy scalp puffy face and blotched skin from minoxidil but never pain.If your symptoms were sides then try minoxidil with different inactive ingredients before you quit it, you'd want to be careful about stopping minoxidil abruptly as you may loose all the hair it helped you keep.
    Why not FUE ? Transplants can be great if you get the right doctor

Also FWIW the makers of rogaine foam claim less scalp itchiness results from using foam over liquid.

Default Hi

Hey guys,

Wasn't sure where to post this. Never talked about this before so just thought I'd ask. What kind of loss do I have?

Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg

Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	12747   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg

Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	12748   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg

Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	12749  

overall i'd say norwood 1 (on the edge to 2). still a long way to go, especially with frontal line. You can work nicely with minoxidil (more effective for crown than for frontal) and toppik (which will cover nicely).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    What kind of loss do I have?
    Here is the scale:

It's different... You have an adolescent hair line but vertex hair loss. Hmmm

You look young so your hair loss is likely reasonably recent. Since it is reasonably recent it is probably treatable pretty easily with medications. You would probably do well with the "Big 3" along with low level laser therapy. The "Big 3" is Propecia (or generic Finasteride), Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) and Nizoral shampoo (once per week in place of your regular shampoo). Talk to your doctor about Propecia (or generic Finasteride) and make sure you understand all the factual information about this medication before deciding if it is right for you.

I do recommend using Rogaine foam in the morning because it is stealthy and then use generic liquid Minoxidil for your evening dose to save money. The laser comb is expensive but I think you would probably benefit from using it.

Luke...
    Thanks a lot for your response dude.... another question to the forum..
    I have contacted the Crown Clinic here in Sydney and I have an appointment for a Trichologist analisys.. has anybody heard any of these 2 before? is it a good clinic? what about the Trichologist analisys.?

And last but not least, has anybody used 15% Minoxidil + 5% Azelaic? or 10%.... here in Au they sell it and I wanna know if that % is way to high or unsafe.
    Best regards

Default thanks

Tracy and ugonude,

Thanks for the responses. You see, I used to a have a very intact widows peak. You can see in that frontal shot above. My hair loss started there and, seemingly, only started thinning on my LEFT side, but not on the right. Very strange and annoying. I'm not sure if any products are right for me. I don't want to wind up with a bumb dick or some kind of ED you know. Don't have the funds for HT either.

Jeff

You see, I used to a have a very intact widows peak. You can see in that frontal shot above.
    Actually, I don't see that. What I see is an intact juvinile hair line.

I'm not sure if any products are right for me.
    You would need to talk this over with your doctor. There are tons of products on the market but only a few that are actually proven to treat hereditary hair loss. The laser comb would improve the hair you have. You could use Toppik or a comparible hair fiber product to hide the thinning on your crown. If you are unwilling to treat the cause, there isn't much you can do.

Don't have the funds for HT either.
    You are not a good candidate for hair transplant surgery anyways. In your case, the risks of the surgery outweigh what little cosmetic benefit you would gain from it. Also, if you are unwilling to treat the cause, there is not much point in having hair transplant surgery.