X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baldingguy
    • Dec 2011

I am 23 and started balding :(( I have a question regarding the transplant

hi
    I have been losing a lot of hair recently and thinking of a hair transplant.
    my case is genetic my father was a bald guy. very bald!

my question is should i wait until i go completely bald and get a transplant?
    please answer me as soon as possible.
  • Tracy C
    • Sep 2011

There is more you need to know. Hereditary hair loss is progressive. Hair transplant surgery does not stop the progression of further loss. Jumping straight to surgery without trying to treat the problem is usually not a good idea. If you have a hair transplant yet do nothing to try to slow down or stop losing hair, you could find yourself very unhappy with your long term results. At your age, your hair loss is probably relatively recent. Since it is probably relatively recent, it is probably treatable with medications and low level laser therapy. It is best to try to treat the problem first and save surgery for a last resort.

The best thing for you to do is talk to a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. I would recommend choosing a doctor who is an IAHRS member. Here is a list for you.

The International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons and its elite membership is the only hair transplant society to be recognized by Consumer Reports, Consumer's Digest and WebMD. Considered the foremost patient-centric organization in the field, IAHRS members are endorsed by The American Hair Loss Association for their support of truth in advertising, safe consumerism, and the importance of appropriate patient selection.

Comment

Working...