Finasteride alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vic
    • Apr 2014

The active compound cucumin found in Turmeric. Published studies show cucumin inhibits testosterone conversion to 5 alpha reductase the same way Fin does but on a smaller scale with NO SIDE AFFECTS. I tried posting a Thread on this.
    The study showed enhanced hair growth with Turmeric and Minox compared to Minox users alone. I'm not going to waste time finding the study again because my Thread never even made it on this site for some reason.

Do a simple google search, you'll find it pretty easily.

Comment

• GroughBack
      • Feb 2017

The better option to fin is saw palmetto topical that includes pumkin seed oil, saw palmetto itnternal complex that includes beta-sis and a vibrating massage brush. I use both of these daily and a 15 min massage while I watch some tv with the brush, my hair couldn't be growing back faster. Saw palmetto complex, without the topical did slow hairloss for me but did nothing to thicken and re-grow hair for me. Since I added the topical I literally can not believe how quickly my hair is growing back. I never would have believed it was even possible, had to experience it for myself!

Comment

• LusciousLadyLocks
        • Mar 2017

Minoxidil keeps hair at or above baseline for 10+ years for about 85% of users. For most men, it's plenty. This board mostly has the unlucky 15%. Even for them, minoxidil slows hair loss in pretty much everyone.

My husband has been on minoxidil for a decade. He started at a NW1. He is now a NW0-1. His father was a NW4-5 at the same age.

Comment

• hereismyhair
          • May 2018

I was on finasteride for like 5 years and thought it was working great. Then one day I realized i had just gotten thinner all around my hairline. Then i noticed hair everywhere in my bathroom. A feeling of doom just like consumed me "Fins not working im screwed". Switched to avodart and after 6 months I dont shed any hair at all. Like 10 hairs in the shower after months. So yeah I guess where finasteride failed dutasteride is succeeding extremely well.

Comment

• naturalregain
            • Apr 2019

I would highly suggest everyone not to use drugs like finasteride simply because of the adverse side effects it has on the human body.
            Science shows that the human body is carbon-based and to complement a carbon-based body you must have a carbon-based substance to complement it. The body only accepts the substance through the process of chemical affinity. Which means, the body can only accept what it is made of, not something new or alien to it such as finasteride.
            Furthermore, it's a fact that the father of medicine, Mr. Hippocrates, the man that established the principles of medical science today, cured every disease known to mankind using HERBS and not chemicals.
            So I say to you, do not use chemicals like finasteride. Instead use potent herbal qi tonics used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to regrow hair.
            Did you know? Carthamus Tinctorius is a botanical herb used in chinese medicine and works exactly like finasteride by blocking DHT and reversing hair loss but doesn't come with the side effects attached to it?
            Carthamus Tinctorius is an excellent 5a-reductase inhibitor derived from nature which is effective in blocking DHT from attacking hair follicles and transforms the growth factor-β1 enzyme that is the hair loss-related gene. This means that even if you suffer from androgenetic alopecia (further known as Male or Female Pattern Baldness) which is hair loss caused by DHT (dihydrotestosterone) in genetics; Your hair loss can be reversed! I wrote an article about 5a-reductase inhibitor and how hair regrowth can be achieved.

Comment

Working...