+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hi Ive been a lurker for a while, learning and benefiting form everyone who has shared their stories and experience.
    I'm researching as a preventative measure,as while my hairline has receded quite badly the rest of my hair count is still acceptable..If I only I could keep what I have !!
    Father Bald, grandfather bald, uncles on both sides bald, older brother mostly bald..
    I do not have a head that suits baldness !! Cant take fin due to sides and just tried Minox for a month before shedding and intolerable itchy and flaking scalp..and skin looks like crap not to mention puffy face..
    That leaves my regime as all natural..
    Nizoral
    Figaroo shampoo and conditioner
    Figarro Lotion
    Saw Palamento
    Folligen solution copper spray
    Trialing Emu Oil
    Considering purchasing a super grow laser but not sure if its worth it without minox.

I know hair loss sux!! but i have seen a fair bit of negative over the top comment on this website and others..hopefully we can support each other and
    realise self esteem and hairless are not mutually exclusive..

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Considering purchasing a super grow laser but not sure if its worth it without minox.
    You would waste your money on all that other stuff that isn't going to do you any good, but you are worried if a laser comb knock off is worth it? You would be better off dropping all that junk (except Nizoral) and just use a laser comb.

Besides shedding, which is normal when treating hair loss, I've never known anyone to have those negative side effects from Minoxidil that you describe.

Hi Tracy.
    Their is sufficient evidence for what you refer to as 'junk' and try googling minoxidil itchy scalp
    LLT has proved worthwhile for SOME cases Its worth a try when your aim is to retain what you have

You don't really think using a non abrasive shampoo and conditioner is the right thing to do ? ok but I would suggest not putting harmful anythings on your scalp

..try googling minoxidil itchy scalp.
    I don't need to. I use Minoxidil so I know the hype you are talking about is BS. The possible side effects of Minoxidil are mild, uncommon and well tolerated.

You don't really think using...
    Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm done with you. If and when you decide to get serious about treating your hair loss, seek out a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. You are obviously not qualified to treat yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I don't need to. I use Minoxidil so I know the hype you are talking about is BS. The possible side effects of Minoxidil are mild, uncommon and well tolerated.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm done with you. If and when you decide to get serious about treating your hair loss, seek out a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. You are obviously not qualified to treat yourself.
    I didn't put words in your mouth,I asked you a question.
    To say other peoples experience is 'hype' because you yourself haven't experienced major sides is illogical.
    I realise minoxidil and fin ar the 1st line treatments but there are loads of other thing that can and do help the situation.
    This was just a thread to say hi ,why do you feel the need to be rude ? do you often roll your eyes at people when you meet them ?
    take it easy and lighten up
    cya

do you often roll your eyes at people when you meet them ?
    Of course not. Only when someone comes in here complaining about phantom side effects of proven treatments that rarely even happen, then promote BS products that have no legitimate science behind them. You sound like you are trying to sell snake oil - and using hyped up questionable information from the web to do it.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Of course not. Only when someone comes in here complaining about phantom side effects of proven treatments that rarely even happen, then promote BS products that have no legitimate science behind them. You sound like you are trying to sell snake oil - and using hyped up questionable information from the web to do it.

Have a nice day.
    Tracy is a side effect phantom if it only happens rarely ?
    I posted on another thread about a product being developed, and I in no way promoted it,I even said that as its was MLM marketing independent reviews are hard to come by.. and yes that product has no proven studies done yet but so what,is this not a place to discuss these things?

You haven't even answered previous questions,this is not a respectful discussion,if you choose not to try treatments that have only proven partially successful as an adjunct then thats your choice but to say they're all bs is just not the truth..smoking,poor nutrition certain medications have all shown to effect hair loss and thats the tip of the iceberg.

cool, be rude, i'm sure it makes you happy

all the best Tracy
    bye