+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i think you shd ween off..... . you know reduce it to .25 daily, then twice a week, then constant doses below .2 mg and then intermittent and stop, over a period of 6 8 months maybe.
    I doubt I will ever quit, unless something better comes along. I was responding to Blakes33 , as he seems to be experiencing PFS.

I do take the new evidence seriously, but I have no plans of quitting Fin. There's not enough evidence to suggest that everyone reacts badly over time. There are guys out there that have been taking 5mg for 20+ years with no sides.

I agree that if one does decide to quit, it should be done very slowly

Quote Originally Posted by Karlton View Post
    I doubt I will ever quit, unless something better comes along. I was responding to Blakes33 , as he seems to be experiencing PFS.

I do take the new evidence seriously, but I have no plans of quitting Fin. There's not enough evidence to suggest that everyone reacts badly over time. There are guys out there that have been taking 5mg for 20+ years with no sides.

I agree that if one does decide to quit, it should be done very slowly
    sorry that was for blake

Thats why after long researching i opted for RU58841 instead of finasteride or dutasteride. I think the pharmalogical profile of RU58841 is WAY more efficient and better. Inhibiting 5ar2 systematically is pretty retarded as the only thing you need to do is stop binding to the androgen receptor locally. RU is eliminated and metabolized extremely fast to a very weak metabolite and the all studies have shown no systematic absorption in almost all cases.

Finasteride is taking a huge beating at the moment;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24955220
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24943080
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24959691

But conclusion is you are going to risk side effects whether that is fin, dut or ru. If you don't you are going to lose hair simple as that. That is until cb-03-01 comes out as that is devoid of side effects, theoretically at least.

I've been taking peopecia over 10 years and don't want to think what would happen if I stop

btw did anyone of you conceive a child??

Doctor Representative

i quit after 2 years and then got catch up loss.. about a year later i restarted.. probably would have been ahead if i had never quit.
    AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
    HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
    Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
    Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012

Stop taking this drug immediately!

I'm new to the site, I just started today. I've been on it for about eight years and just quit three days ago. I'm so scared because my side effects are already so bad. I never made the connection until just a few days ago. The side effects come on slowly but it all started with depression, anxiety, mental fogginess, and insomnia. Now I have horrific panic attacks that I'm one step away from going to the hospital. The thing that scares me is I hear it only gets worse and I don't know how much more I can take. This drug undoubtedly ruined my life. I'm so scared I could care less about my dick at this point. I'm afraid I'm going to die!

I think we need to keep in mind no one would be on it if something better existed. Instead of saying propecia does these bad things how about a real viable alternative treatment that works as well? Millions of people and doctors say propecia isnt good, but not one of them has any viable alternative. Talk is cheap and pointless. At the end of the day your going to keep losing hair without it.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I think we need to keep in mind no one would be on it if something better existed. Instead of saying propecia does these bad things how about a real viable alternative treatment that works as well? Millions of people and doctors say propecia isnt good, but not one of them has any viable alternative. Talk is cheap and pointless. At the end of the day your going to keep losing hair without it.
    I understand the fear of going bald I do, but u don't understand what I'm trying to tell you. These side effects anxiety, depression, insomnia, joint pain, bowel issues, impotence slowley creep up on you WHILE you are still on the drug and believe me they are far worse than going bald. I almost checked myself into the emergency room several times in the past few months and I cant even imagine what's to come a few weeks from now if I experience this so called crash I'm terrified. I'm afraid I either wont live through it or I will never be the same again upstairs in my head. This drug does something to your mind and before you know it you wake up and you realize I'm not even the same person. I now suffer with debilitating terror attacks and I haven't even crashed yet. I'm scared! Trust me **** YOUR HAIR! It's not worth it bro!