+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Should I not take GH supplements(testosterone!)

Hello.
    I'm 18 years old.
    A lot of people in my family are bald(including my own dad).

I want to take these 2 growth hormone supplements :-
    GHenerate and I-GH-1
    for growing and body development purposes.
    They say release in growth hormone by these supplements is also linked with release of testosterone.

I have also heard that high testosterone levels in the body lead to hair fall/baldness.

So now should I not take those GH supplements for the fear of going bald?

Quote Originally Posted by pick View Post
    If a lot of people in your family are bald then you know hereditary hair loss runs strong in your family. Armed with that information, if you want to keep your hair for as long as possible, you know what you need to do.

I have also heard that high testosterone levels in the body lead to hair fall/baldness.
    Hi testosterone levels leads to high DHT levels. DHT causes androgenetic alopecia (hair loss/baldness).

Most supplements don't actually do anything except drain your bank account. You are better off staying away from this sort of thing - for more reasons than just tempting hair loss.

I have tried every supplement out there when i was in highschool, even the gh tablets etc etc. complete waste of money. I am now 22 and dont take whey anymore. just good quality nutrition pre/post workout is the BEST thing. save money and learn from my past experiences !

High testosterone levels are not necessarily linked to hair loss. However, your body does convert it into DHT. This is, in fact, the stuff that causes baldness in men. Whether it will cause you to go bald or not depends on your follicles' sensitivity to DHT. This in turn is determined by your genes.

Hello.
    I'm 18 years old.

I want to take these 2 growth hormone supplements :-
    GHenerate and I-GH-1
    for growing and body development purposes.
    They say release in growth hormone by these supplements is also linked with release of testosterone.

No way, your 18 years old and you want more testosterone?? Come on! Here: Please watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/user/twinmus.../2/btTWXMg9Zdc

Hi.First of all I am not taking these for an increase in testosterone.
    I am not into bodybuilding.
    Its because one of them is supposed to contain Puerarin which by some mechanism is supposed to make people grow in height. I know it might some ridiculous,but I am quite sad about my height and want to do something about it. I don't mind spending on these. Chances are good,I'll realize they are all waste,but I want to try them once.
    I wouldn't mind it if they all went waste.

What I'm asking here is if I will face side effects on my hair because of these.

posted by lzrhq
    High testosterone levels are not necessarily linked to hair loss. However, your body does convert it into DHT. This is, in fact, the stuff that causes baldness in men. Whether it will cause you to go bald or not depends on your follicles' sensitivity to DHT. This in turn is determined by your genes.
    Lets say I did have that gene which causes baldness.
    If these are actually accompanied with a released of testo,will I get bald at a sooner rage?
    Lets say I don't have that gene.
    Now there no problems at all right?

posted by Tracy C
    If a lot of people in your family are bald then you know hereditary hair loss runs strong in your family. Armed with that information, if you want to keep your hair for as long as possible, you know what you need to do.
    Are you referring to what I need to do with regard to the supplements or in general?

i always thought they prescribed growth hormone for height ? but who knows im 6'2 haha jkjk but if its for growing in height specifically it shouldn alter your test levels all that much. in all seriousness if your susceptible to hairloss and your test levels go up there is a chance your hair loss will progress. also in addition when you come off the drug and your hormone levels change again you could also be prone to more hair loss during that hormonal transition. and to even be a candidate for this height altering substance you can be older than 16? 18? so you should be fine. plus i would rather be taller with hairloss than a short little goof with hair. good luck

posted by Bald Pitt
    and to even be a candidate for this height altering substance you can be older than 16? 18? so you should be fine.
    Are you saying I'm safe because of my age?(18)
    Yep,supposedly we can be older than 16 as well,to try these ,the reality of which I'm planning to check.

I was asking this person(supposed to be knowledgeable about this stuff) via mail,and he said this when I asked him if I would be safe from those products.

The products increase testosterone a bit but its main purpose is to elevate igf-1 which its quite successfull at.Testosterone converts to DHT by the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase.Selective over expression of this enzyme leads to underexpression of alpha-reductase on certain bodily regions. So,This elevates aromatase expression.DHT on its own does not cause hair loss it is the DHT estrogen competition on receptor sites that causes hair cells to die.
    I'm not sure what I'm to figure from that.
    I have been mailing him for more on that, but he hasn't been replying and I don't think he will.
    Did anyone understand what he meant and what the moral of that is?

I'm not sure what I'm to figure from that.
    If you are worried if a questionable substance is safe or not, it probably isn't. You should not touch this stuff. No one should.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with being short. I've been short all my life and I'm totally fine with it. I would much rather be short than bald. Unfortunately I was both there for a while.