+ Reply to Thread

Default Am i losing my hair? /16

pic at 5 years old

I've had naturally thin hair all my life, so I'm not sure if the crown always has been like that.

My grandad on my mothers side and his father went bald very early. Other than that no one else in my family is bald.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by chesso95 View Post
    What do you guys think?
    This gal thinks you are too young to be worrying about it.
    Worrying about hair loss can make your hair fall out.

Just keep a casual eye on it. From this day forward, take exceptionally good
    care of your body and take exceptionally good care of your hair. Once you
    complete puberty, that is when you might need to keep a closer eye on it.

It wouldn't hurt to get some Nizoral A-D shampoo and use it in place of your
    regular shampoo once or twice per week - but no more than that. Make
    sure you are using a good quality moisturizing conditioner almost daily.

You better get some help ASAP. You will be bald in 5 days

Ramazan, you are so EVIL!!!

Lol. You don't really have anything to worry about at this point, brother.

16 is a little young, anyway..although I'm sure there are cases of balding at that age, your pictures don't reflect anything but the part in your hair.

I have been freaking out about the "whorl" at my crown, too. Of course, I am experiencing hairline recession, so I naturally check things out back there as well.

From what I have learned, pictures aren't always the most reliable method for checking out your crown. I kept taking pictures of my crown in lighting and always freaked out and asked my family to check out the back of my head. They naturally said it looked fine, but it's hard for me to always believe family 100%, as they can be a bit biased. So, I decided to do the "two mirrors" trick and investigate a bit further. What do you know..it was just the part in my hair.

Another good thing to do is to check out the crown for miniaturization. Some hairs at the part may be a bit shorter, but if you have a significant amount of hair at the crown the is MUCH shorter than the rest, it could be a sign of miniaturization.

At your age, I'd say you have at least a few years before balding becomes a legitimate concern. Most of the time, it's going to start at your hairline, and some hairline recession is quite common, especially in caucasian males. This is where you hear of the "mature hairline", or NW2 recession.

Just keep an eye on your hairline, man. At this point, I don't think you have any worries. Enjoy your hair! I wish somebody could have told me to enjoy my thick juvenile hairline at 16.

-JS

No, you are not losing your hair. I first noticed the "swirl" on the back of my head at about 18 and convinced myself I was going bald. I am 34 now and I have not lost any hair in the crown of my head. You're cool, man.

You are still young so you dont need to worry about this. I can see that your hairs are still thick and just always maintain the nourishment of your hair by eating healthy foods.

I was randomly looking for an old post in another forum i frequent and it turns out my username is the same here - so I found this thread again, 4 years later.

Looking at the pics in this thread I can tell that my hair is thinner now, but still fine. Edit: well actually it's not fine
    However, I started using finasteride and keto around 1 month ago because I'm positive I am losing it.

This was fun

Yes you are

Quote Originally Posted by chesso95 View Post
    I was randomly looking for an old post in another forum i frequent and it turns out my username is the same here - so I found this thread again, 4 years later.

Looking at the pics in this thread I can tell that my hair is thinner now, but still fine. Edit: well actually it's not fine
    However, I started using finasteride and keto around 1 month ago because I'm positive I am losing it.

This was fun
    Welcome back! I would be curious to see some pics how your hair is now. Many young guys in their 17s like you post here but only few give updates on their old threads it would be really great to see how your hair developed.