+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default UK Hairloss advice. Please please read

Hello

I am new to this forum but have been reading it every so often for the past year.

I have just turned 23. I wont give you all the sob story but i am just the same as most people on this forum. I havent started medicating and know i wont be able to ever afford a decent HT. I have red a little about propecia etc and most i here is bad news.

To the point i was wondering is there is anyone who on this forum who can push me the right direction, by maybe giving me the names of some professionals who i can talk to. Someone who isnt trying to sell me somthing. (You know how hard it is to find useful inofrmation about Hairloss online).

I spoke to my GP last year about it. After waiting for her to call me back i called her two weeks later and she said "there is nothing we can do for you and nothing on the NHS, you are just going to have to get used to the fact you are going to have to have a skin head". So i dont want to go back to the doctors.

I am based in the north west by the way but wouldnt mind traveling if needs be.

If anyone could help i would be more than greatful, this is becoming a daily obsession and making me very miserable.

Thanks

Get some Propecia and Rogaine foam - see if they help

I am afraid to take propecia due to all the bad things i have heard, but may do in the future. Does Regaine foam work on the temples/hairline or just scalp?

Where can i speak to a professional abotu hairloss?

Thankyou for taking the time to reply to my first post

Speak to your GP about propecia, I've been taking it for almost a decade, started when I was 18 - no problems. From what I understand what you read online about it is a small fraction of people who get sides. I know other friends who take it and have yet to have a bad effect. Perhaps part of it is psychosomatic.

Rogaine/regaine works all over as far as I am aware but when they did trials they tested on crown so they say that's where it's effective but it works all over and I have always used it for hairline as I have no loss in crown and never have.

Don't get regaine as it's expensive from pharmacy. Find somewhere to buy it online, I get mine online but not going to post website as people might think I'm promoting it.

There's a dude on these forums called spex. I have never spoken to him directly but have always read his posts. He is very well informed and I'm sure he wouldn't mind a personal message from you. I think he's from the UK as well but don't hold me to that.

I would say generally browse these forums and see what people are saying - this is probably the best place to be. Lots of helpful people on here

Thankyou very much Turkman. May i ask how affective has your experience with propecia/rogaine been? How succesful have you been with Propecia?

Also is the Rogain foam you can by in high street stores the same as regian.

Thanks again.

M

Yeah dude Rogaine and Regaine are the same thing it's just called Rogaine in states and Regaine in UK.

I've had a good experience with Propecia - I was between a norwood 1 and 2 when I started in my late teens and now 7 years later I'm still only Norwood 3 with zero loss in the crown.

I'm fairly confident at the rate I was losing hair before medication I would probably be a lot worse off. It has just slowed my rate of loss down a lot and made me feel a lot better knowing that I was doing something to combat it

Thankyou yet again...it has been nice to have someone to talk to about it.

Whats norwood btw??

I googled noorwood so i know what it is now lol sorry

It's a scale used to measure hair loss. Google Norwood Scale and look at images

Thumbs up

Turkman is right - contact Spex. I have had numerous correspondance with him over the last 2 years. It was all provided free and all proved invaluable. Other than that, you could contact Dr Bessam Farjo - www.farjo.net who is currently the sole British member of the IAHRS. I have personally used Propecia for 3 years and had nothing but positives. Check out the Bald Truth Episode 14 (11/27/11) and the Live Kevin Nalty surgery downloads and hear some fact based information with regards to the whole Propecia debate. It should reassure you.