+ Reply to Thread

Default Lazer Comb Treatment

The subject of lazer combs never disappears and I would like to ask for some opinions on this matter. I am interested in maintaining my existing hair and also would like to see some regrowth.

I have some vertex hair loss covering perhaps 2.5 cm^2. I just towel dry my hair and do not brush it. I am concerned that I keep the hair that I have and do my best not to disturb it. I just shampoo and go, that’s it.

Given that my area of concern is quite small and also the fact that I am reluctant to comb or brush I am wondering if it would be possible just to ’zap’ the 2.5cm^2 area with a lazer comb. The surface area of lazer combs seems quite large so if I just press the comb against my head would that work and would it be safe. Is it necessary to actually perform a combing action.

If I was to hold the comb against my head for, say 5 to 10 mins, in exactly the same position would I be giving myself too much lazer treatment in one relatively small area with possible negative effects. Maybe even damaging my existing hair or hair follicles.

Any comments/experiences on using the lazer comb for vertex hair loss would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    I just towel dry my hair and do not brush it. I am concerned that I keep the hair that I have and do my best not to disturb it. I just shampoo and go, that’s it.

Given that my area of concern is quite small and also the fact that I am reluctant to comb or brush I am wondering if it would be possible just to ’zap’ the 2.5cm^2 area with a lazer comb.
    I use the laser comb myself and I do want to say more but I have an appointment in a few minutes so I can't right now. However, I do want to say that it is kind of odd that you do not want to comb or brush your hair. Brushing your hair is actually very good for your hair and scalp.

I will write more later tonight when I get home.

Heres a good forum from the creator of Lazerfish:
    http://lazerfish.madmooseforum.com/i...a03a5bddce054d

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    Any comments/experiences on using the lazer comb for vertex hair loss would be appreciated.
    I had assumed you were talking about the HairMax laser comb specifically. I don't know if you can target a specific area like that or not. The instructions are to go over your entire head twice. The device itself does not go right up against your scalp. The teeth hold it above your scalp about a centimeter. Also, it's hard enough to hold it still for four seconds. You want to hold it still for 5 to 10 minutes? I know I would not be able to do that.

If you want to try one, I think it would be best to use it as instructed. Your reluctantance to comb or brush your hair is something you should think about trying to get over. Gently brushing your hair really is very good for your hair and scalp.