Hair Transplant Failures

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morelocks
    • Jul 2009

Gillenator, u seem like one hell of a nice and helpful guy.

Wish I'd found someone like u a few years back when I was going through this hell and was very clueless about this industry

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and that people like me defo appreciate all the input from people like yourself.

Have a great weekend

Comment

• Folly
      • Nov 2011

I was just about to mention Morelocks comment about Gillenator. I REALLY appreciate your help with my case Gillenator. You've replied to numerous posts of mine with lots of critical information and advice. I don't really know anything about you, but you obviously are an expert in MPB/HT. I'm assuming you work in the industry. Regardless, thanks for you help and i just wish i had met someone like you last year, before i made the mistake of having a HT.

To answer your question.

1) How experienced was you docotr in FUE?
      I would say VERY experienced at FUE. I'm not mentioning his name, but he is IAHRS registered and has some impressive results on these forums with FUE.

2) IMHO, you should have been re-scheduled for the procedure because of the shedding of your exisiting hair from the intial use of starting minoxidil. Did you inform your doctor of this?
      Yes, my surgeon knew about it. I started minoxidil in February. Met with my HT surgeon in March and we agreed on 800-900 grafts. Started shedding A LOT of hair on my hairline 1 week after this consultation. At the end of April, i went for surgery and my HT surgeon was stunned with how much hair i had lost on my hairline, in the 1 month since our original constulation. He then suggested increasing the grafts from 900 to 1,250, to which i agreed. He gave me a very juvenile hairline (which was a big mistake in retrospect), as you can see from the red lines in my hairline pic. I got all excited when he drew the outline of my new hairline and would have paid for 10,000 grafts if he's asked. Obviously, he was creating recipient sites into good native hair, which had gone into resting phase from the minoxidil.

4) It is diffucult to conclude why the new grafts are not growing 9 months post-op. I think it could be from initially starting Propecia in the last several months. Yes, no question that you should be on it HOWEVER, it is the timing of starting something new so quickly post-op. I truly believe the minoxidil caused the first shed however starting another hairloss drug so quickly may be affecting "any" of the follicles in the recipioent area from entering the growing phase. So both exisitng follicles that were not damaged and the new transplanted follicles may be lingering in the resting phase at present. The test results from your derm confirm this with 60% of them in the shed/dormant phase. That's very high.
      Gillenator, i believe i know why my grafts haven't grown. I recently met with a well respected HT rep and i showed him the pic below. This is a pic of a tranplanted hair that grew on my hairline and seemed to just die and fall off. I saw this happen to most of my grafts which grew from months 3-9. He said that this has happened because the actual follicle beneath the skin has been damaged from the FUE procedure. I was suprised, as i thought if a follicle is damaged from the FUE process, it won't grow hair AT ALL. Would a damaged follicle produce a damaged hair ? This happend to most of my grafts, as i saw it with my USB scope. Maybe this happens to a lot of FUE patients, but they don't know about it as they don't have a scope. So, this is why i believe i've had poor growth.

Thanks for your reply mate. Good luck with the growth Jimmy. I think some people are very susceptible to shock loss, which i believe i am. I shed for 9 months after my procedure. I have very fine hair too, which may be a factor. I'm sure that won't be happening to you though. My intense shedding started 3 weeks after surgery. Good luck !!
      Attached Files

Comment

• gillenator
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by morelocks
        Gillenator, u seem like one hell of a nice and helpful guy.

Wish I'd found someone like u a few years back when I was going through this hell and was very clueless about this industry

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and that people like me defo appreciate all the input from people like yourself.

Have a great weekend
        Morelocks,

My word. Thank so much for the kind words. That is very humbling and encouraging to know that I am appreciated. Listen my friend, feel free to email me anytime or call my office. Actually, I was around a few years back and sorry you were not aware of that.

Sorry to hear about what you were going through. That's exactly why I do what I do as an independent patient advocate. I can speak totally unbiasly with truth, and not get involved in the sales or money!

Anyways, glad to be of help and wish you the very best in life.

Take care...
        "Gillenator"
        Independent Patient Advocate
        more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• topcat
          • May 2009

Folly although this does not help you picking a doctor off a recommended list is not always a good strategy and others should be aware of this and it doesn’t matter which list.

I’m curious about the punch sizes used in your case. I have seen some European doctors claiming to use a .5 mm punch and in some of the cases the yield appears to be very low. Just wondering if the punch size might have been a factor. I would also be curious if it was a hand punch or a mechanized device.

Comment

• Folly
            • Nov 2011

Hi TopCat,

I believe he used a 0.9mm punch and it was a hand tool. I've emailed him to find out.

Thanks.

Comment

• Jimmyhair
              • Dec 2011

Thanks for your input Gillenator however you may not be aware of my views unless you read some of my other posts. I am not a fan of meds. I have talked to a few docs and they have also recommended propecia but I don't buy the no side effects routine. I have done a lot of research on natural dht blockers and have put together my own routine. I am going to go the natural route for hair growth and dht blocking. I would be happy to share if anyone is interested.

Comment

• gillenator
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Jimmyhair
                Thanks for your input Gillenator however you may not be aware of my views unless you read some of my other posts. I am not a fan of meds. I have talked to a few docs and they have also recommended propecia but I don't buy the no side effects routine. I have done a lot of research on natural dht blockers and have put together my own routine. I am going to go the natural route for hair growth and dht blocking. I would be happy to share if anyone is interested.
                You are very welcome and you are correct in that I was not aware of your feelings regarding hairloss meds. And you are also correct in not believing that these meds have no side effects. I just hope whatever you are using is helping and making a difference.

Still, you will never know if you don't get the dreaded sexual side-effects until you try finasteride. If you do, you can always stop immediately or decrease the frequency/dosage. Most guys like myself do not have those side-effects. If you were to try it, and you did not get the side-effects, would you then continue?

Out of all the hairloss meds, supplements, finasteride is still the single most effective hairloss medication to inhibit DHT. Propecia is the only low dose finasteride product that was specifically developed for treating MPB. You undoubtedly already know this.

Nothing else in the past three decades is as effective as finasteride from what I have observed. Nothing else compares to it other than dutasteride but it is another prostrate drug and not a dveloped form of it for treating MPB.

I do understand where you are coming from.
                "Gillenator"
                more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Jimmyhair
                  • Dec 2011

Well Gillenator if it is absolutely the only thing I guess I will be sorry one day. Haha. I have looked into natural treatments and I am going to give them a try. I am first going to try my best to lay off foods I believe contribute to the dht increase in men and also go with the natural dht blockers. One that I stumbled upon that makes very good sense to me in apple cider vinegar as it is a natural viruses and bacteria killer. I will sip and little and wash the hair with it and let you know in 5 years. Haha wish me luck.

Comment

• morelocks
                    • Jul 2009

Well Gillenator if it is absolutely the only thing I guess I will be sorry one day. Haha. I have looked into natural treatments and I am going to give them a try. I am first going to try my best to lay off foods I believe contribute to the dht increase in men and also go with the natural dht blockers. One that I stumbled upon that makes very good sense to me in apple cider vinegar as it is a natural viruses and bacteria killer. I will sip and little and wash the hair with it and let you know in 5 years. Haha wish me luck.
                    Good luck mate

I'm on propecia, I have zero side effects and when I'm not out in the wind I look like I have more hair than brad pit

But u know what, I hate taken propecia everyday and I worry about the future so much. Wish I hadn't started this damn journey

Iv already had 4 fues, all quite small so still have a fair few grafts left but I'm in my early thirties and those grafts won't cover all my head.
                    If I stop taking prop I'll end up looking odd with hair in odd places

Best of luck, also why are you not on saw palmetto?

Comment

• Jimmyhair
                      • Dec 2011

Hey Morelocks good luck to you. I didn't mention it but yes I do the saw palmetto thing too. I have supplement pills and also the apple cider shampoo I got has saw palmetto in it as well as other herbs. I am also currently looking into vitamin supplements with vitamins that are believed to stimulate hair growth. I guess I have a cornucopia of solutions going on at one time so it might be hard to tell which treatment helps the most but don't want to chance missing out on anything that may work.

Comment

• gillenator
                        • Dec 2008

Yes of course I wish you the best Jimmy. I have also heard of Rosemary extract having some DHT blockers. The problem is the SMELL.

But sincerely, hope things work in slowing down your MPB and please keep us in the loop.

Take care my friend.
                        "Gillenator"
                        more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

• CriticalObserver
                          • Feb 2012

There are only three IAHRS surgeons in Europe:

Feriduni, Mwamba & Dr Farjo.

Dr Farjo doesn't do FUE, so that leaves Feriduni & Mwamba.

I believe Feriduni very often uses a 0.9mm punch, so he would be my guess.

Comment

Working...