+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Also progress in te hair loss field is very fast, compare this to cancer research and you cry, because cancer takes way longer then fixing hair loss
    Since there still is no effective treatment for hair loss, you can't really make any assessment about the relative speeds of finding cures for hair loss vs. cancer. Nobody really even knows if current efforts in hair loss research are on the right track.

Inactive

Proof of concept. Do you know what this means boy?

If you can create one follicle or grew one single hair on a bald head, its a PROOF of Concept.

Gho was proven as a working concept by Cooley and Cole for example.

So seriously what is your problem? Are you so bitter that you wanna force the bitternes on other people? Even knowing that docs with a good reputation say that its not that much into the future anymore.

Oh and when you come with the mice argument that mice grew follicles easily, then explain to me why they did grew hair in the Replicel study in different masses dependending on cell type.

Some cell types sparse hair at best and others uniform hair in correct pattern of growing.

I know its ****ed up when you have to realise something comes along and you now need to save money, rather then discuss at forums.

Guess what Shit happens we all have to save money now for the treatment.

Btw you must be a very sad desperate person that you google for hair science in the year 1926 only to proof your point, very desperate and to me this is a full blown LOSER Attitude as IronMan would say.

Facts are they couldnt conduct any further studies because they lack all the needed tools back those 80 or 90 years ago, because they didnt understand hair loss but this minor detail is not even adressed by you.

Sorry but you can tell those bitterness things to your shrink, i think this person will listen to you, while other people (even those with hair loss) will laugh about your stuff.

I mean you only get clappings from Kiwi, someone who insults people and says thank you for your link from 1926 because also he is so desperate and needs others to be on his level, even knwoing he is a self proclaimed Big Boss with a lot of companies and workers, right in the internet you are god.

Oh and your whole paraphrasing and RED THUMB DOWN thing is just plain childish and stupid, only weak little boys use this thumb to express their arguments or to try to underline them.
    Last edited by RichardDawkins; 12-25-2011 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Had to edit it to make it more LOSER friendly

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Proof of concept. Do you know what this means boy?
    Indeed I do. You apparently don't, however.

If you can create one follicle or grew one single hair on a bald head, its a PROOF of Concept.
    Yes, it's proof that you can create one follicle or grow one hair, nothing more. You cannot extrapolate from that that it's necessarily possible to use the same method to grow a full head of terminal hairs.

So seriously what is your problem? Are you so bitter that you wanna force the bitternes on other people?
    I'm not bitter at all. Perhaps you're projecting your own bitterness onto others.

Even knowing that docs with a good reputation say that its not that much into the future anymore.
    Many, many scientists with good reputations have predicted the imminent arrival of things that still don't exist. Even the best scientists don't have immunity against being wrong.

Oh and when you come with the mice argument that mice grew follicles easily, then explain to me why they did grew hair in the Replicel study in different masses dependending on cell type.
    If you could phrase your question in a comprehensible manner, I could probably answer it.

I know its ****ed up when you have to realise something comes along and you now need to save money, rather then discuss at forums.
    I don't need to save money for anything, thank you.

Btw you must be a very sad desperate person that you google for hair science in the year 1926 only to proof your point, very desperate and to me this is a full blown LOSER Attitude as IronMan would say.
    If facts disturb you so much, this probably isn't the discussion for you.

Facts are they couldnt conduct any further studies because they lack all the needed tools back those 80 or 90 years ago, because they didnt understand hair loss but this minor detail is not even adressed by you.
    There's no guarantee we have the right tools now, either. Maybe we do, and maybe we won't have them for another 20 years.

Sorry but you can tell those bitterness things to your shrink, i think this person will listen to you, while other people (even those with hair loss) will laugh about your stuff.
    Perhaps you could ask your shrink to explain the concept of "psychological projection" to you during your next visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Because what you are saying about science doesnt make sense to me - and because I dont know you I can only judge you on what you say. Anyway judging sounds too harsh a term because while I dont see myself ever agreeing with you about this science and how I see the world... i definitely think there are more important things to be thinking about, especially at this time of year.

Merry christmas my balding brother. Lets bicker more in the NY.

-kiwi
    Fair enough, man. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year as well. Maybe Santa can bring us some much-needed hair (--:

Monasco: Whether these efforts were tested on humans is absolutely relevant; it's probably the whole point of this discussion. These substances like Noggin or lgr6 proteins could be the hair loss cures that we're looking for but we're never gonna know whether they can cure hair loss because they're never ever tested on humans. So that 1927 article that you posted is not at all some contradiction of my assertions, and it doesn't mean a damn thing. I never said that scientists haven't been testing on mice for a long time now. I said that the problem is that these substances were never being tested on humans. We're never gonna have a cure for hair loss from testing on mice constantly, but never doing anything for human application. As I've said before, we're never gonna know for sure if a substance can cure human hair loss if it is not tested on humans in the first place.
    Also as a sidenote: when I started losing my hair, I was determined simply not to accept it and I was not satisfied with the current methods of hair regrowth (minoxidil, finasteride) or hair transplants (which isn't even regrowth anyway). So I started e-mailing over 100 of these scientists that I saw in research papers whose experiments regrew hair in mice. I only heard back from some of them, but all of the ones who responded said that they weren't testing their discoveries on humans. I think that a lot of these scientists realize that just about anything regrows hair on mice so they keep experimenting on these mice to tout these mouse hair regrowth results to the media as some kind of huge discovery.
    You say that I cannot provide any kind of evidence that there is work being done to make a much more potent version of minoxidil or a version of finasteride that only inhibits DHT in the scalp, yet you definitely cannot offer any proof to the contrary. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that these pharmaceutical companies are working on those aforementioned potential treatments whatsoever. This is not a false statement whatsoever. You say that I cannot provide any evidence that these companies are not working to create those aforementioned treatments, but my evidence of this is simply the fact that there is no evidence whatsoever that these companies are working on such treatments. And I sure as hell am not going to assume that they are, given the dishonest nature of the pharmaceutical industry. After all, we can look no further than the claims of Rogaine and Propecia to prove their dishonesty. The makers of Rogaine claim that 85% of men experienced hair regrowth (which is absolutely false), while the makers of Propecia claimed that only about 3% of people experience side effects. That is also false; there are plenty of people on this very message board that have experienced side effects, including myself.
    I don't buy your argument at all that these supposed effort cure hair loss simply fail to pan out before they reach clinical trials. Most of the aforementioned substances have been proven time and time again to regrow hair in mice without any complications, so I don't see what kind of massive complications could arise that these potential hair regrowth treatments could not be brought to clinical trials. I read all over the internet about all of these potential hair regrowth treatments that have regrown hair in mice without complications, yet I've never seen any kind of evidence that these treatments just simply did not pan out before the clinical trial stage. And I'm absolutely not gonna assume the best from the pharmaceutical industry, which has been known to screw people over time and time again.