+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Too young for this...

Is what I first thought, but it seems there are others around my age on here. I am 23 years old and have been noticeably balding for the past 2 years. It has crushed my confidence, many people think I look 10 years older than I really am. No one around me in my age is balding and it's something I'm very self conscious about. I use Toppik and that helps.... I don't know what to do, it's obviously getting worse. I want to stay away from the Hairclub for mens biomatrix "wig". I Don't want to deal with RX and side effects. So the only option is transplant.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 12-13-11 at 3.04 PM.jpg

Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	12635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 12-13-11 at 3.06 PM.jpg

Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	12636  

Quote Originally Posted by Thin_is_not_in View Post
    So the only option is transplant.....
    Or buzz it

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Or buzz it
    yeah ive been getting my hair cut at a 3 but i dont want to go super buzzed.. doesn't work with my face... I am really considering the biomatrix... i hate this. i hate looking in the mirror i hate it!

Go to the Derm man. If i were you, look into Propecia and start using it if your Derm is ok with it. Definitely start Nizoral A-D and maybe look into using rogaine. Those are the big 3 used to combat MPB. Im 20, so i know how you feel man. Keep your head up, and try to be positive because there is still hope that you can maintain your current hair or even increase what you have.

Try not to worry about it, with Replicel coming out with data in the next few months.. hair loss could possibly be a thing in the past.

Get on propecia asap. I've used Toppik, but it's too powdery, Dermatch is better.. or however you spell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confided View Post
    Go to the Derm man. If i were you, look into Propecia and start using it if your Derm is ok with it. Definitely start Nizoral A-D and maybe look into using rogaine. Those are the big 3 used to combat MPB. Im 20, so i know how you feel man. Keep your head up, and try to be positive because there is still hope that you can maintain your current hair or even increase what you have.
    Hey Condided I read your story a while back and I'm close to your age (21). How is the propecia going? Any sides/improvement so far?

To the OP. You still have enough hair to use a regimen before it's too late. I know propecia has side effects but for all we know your chances of getting sides is really low and it seems like hairloss is bothering you a lot. You also need Nizoral like Confided says and definitely try out rogaine because you could use the regrowth. If you decide to use any of these while you wait for results you could try Dermatch or Toppik to thicken up the hair and make it less visible. Transplants are supposed to be a last resort and any good HT doctor would tell you to use these things before putting you under. With any luck you could keep some of your hair and maybe grow some too until topicals like CB-03-01 come out that could reduce the need for propecia. You could also wait to see what Replicel/Histogen/etc can accomplish before going through with a regular HT.

I was on Propecia for about 3 months. I decided to quit treatment because i believe i felt a drop in libido. It might of been all in my head, but i wanted to be more safe than sorry. Libido has returned to normal since then (2 weeks ago). I'm currently only using Nizoral; let the hair loss commence. -___- lol

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Purchased the rogaine foam but after all the talk of more initial shedding I was kind of put off.

The nizoral A-D... is dandruff typical of MPB? To make matters worse my dandruff started about 2 months ago, I've been using a salicylic acid shampoo from nutrogena that has been working, but I'll switch to nizoral.

This is all so stressful, i know it shouldn't matter as much as it does but it has bothered me so much. I can only comb my hair down, i can never use any products in it. Toppik covers up pretty well but as the majority of my loss is on my hairline- toppik isn't really the best solution.

My dad has suffered from hairloss as well, although not until his late 20's. He used rogaine for quite some time but doesn't want me to go down that path, as well as the propecia/finasteride route.

I know im too young for HT surgery--- I feel like im tricking my self into wanting the bio-matrix, i have a cousin who has it and admits its a pain but he loves it.

Replicel seems promising...

I just want to wake up and not be bald.- don't we all

Just out of curiosity when did you notice the thinning and how long has it been? It's always been crazy how some guys can go from NW2 to NW6 in a year while other guys it takes 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    Just out of curiosity when did you notice the thinning and how long has it been? It's always been crazy how some guys can go from NW2 to NW6 in a year while other guys it takes 20 years.

Oh jeez..I've probably been thinning since...19. Noticeable from mid 20's & I'm now 23. I walked up to a health insurance rep at a drug store because i was possibly interested in signing up and he looks at me and says... lets see you must be in your mid 30's. Needles to say he will not be getting my business.