+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CIT vs. HST?

Richard believes he is the martin luther king jr of HST

fighting against HSTism everywhere

the guy has a dream

Inactive

My first dream is, that all trolls go to hairsite because that specific site is designed for all those trolling people.

And no i am not ML King i am just a human being, sick of naysayers who pull everything out of their asses all the time to make others feel miserable.

i had one graft in the hair line with 1 twisted hair, it curled sort of like a spring. it was not obvious, only to me because id be looking at the mirror close up and i could feel it, felt pointy and it was a little thicker looking because the hair was actually a bit longer, but just compacted due to the "spring" structure. that one only lasted 3 weeks. i had another closer to the mid region which was gone after a bit longer than 3 months.

Hi Tininitus,

Good to hear your story, I don't suppose you have any before and after pics, unless I've missed them already?

Have you had a hair transplant before with another surgeon? If so how do you rate your experience with Gho compared with others and what made you go to Gho / how did you hear of Gho? Will you be following up for more procedures?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but better to ask all in one go seeing as your online now!

All the best

Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Hi Tininitus,

Good to hear your story, I don't suppose you have any before and after pics, unless I've missed them already?

Have you had a hair transplant before with another surgeon? If so how do you rate your experience with Gho compared with others and what made you go to Gho / how did you hear of Gho? Will you be following up for more procedures?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but better to ask all in one go seeing as your online now!

All the best

Gaz
    hey gaz, i havent posted any before or after pics. i kept track with computer webcam, upgraded to lion osx, had a lot of issues, lost all my stuff when i went back to SL. Gho made good before pictures tho, i still havent been in contact with hair science since the treatment, but i will be sometime soon.

HST is my first hair treatment. my hair loss started bothering me around a year and a half ago, so i looked up what i could do about it on the internet, came across gho, prohair, feriduni, ( i live in belgium ). i went to Prohair for a consult and was given finasteride and told to come back in a couple years, along with that i should probably just accept going bald, that i do not have sufficient donor to get the result i want. i do not want to mess with finasteride, i dont like hair loss, but there is no way i would want to risk messing up my sex life. "bart" the man at prohair, sarcastically recommended HSI - when i asked when what my other options were.

after that consult i went home, got educated about FUE, minox, finas, and GHO. followed a lot of gho discussions at haarweb.nl - a dutch forum. decided to go for a Hasci consult, which was really nice. people were very friendly, seemed very professional, they told me they could help me out, first planned 1400-1600 grafts. after the consult i had 6 months of thinking if i still wanted to go thru with it.

i was and still am not completely convinced by the donor regeneration, but i thought it was interesting how gho patients seemed to have less redness and grafts that continued growing due to the special medium he puts them in. i am very critical of all this, but i had the money and felt it was worth a shot .. i also like keeping my hair short, i shave it bald sometimes, i do not want white dots on my head and Hasci promised no scars.

i am planning to go see them in a couple months, i am also going to book a new appointment for second treatment.

if u ve got anymore questions, let me know. (i know people want pics, i still need to think that over, because i know posting them, people will take them without my consent and spread them all over the internet...)

Tinnitus

Hi Tinnitus,

Thanks for all that. Seeing as your head is shaved you will probably have a much better idea than I will of whether the donor regeneration is successful or not, but my donor looks to be regenerating. (Certainly no white spots)

I too will be looking to have a repeat procedure next year, although I'm going to hold off until I can definitely see these 700 growing properly first of all.

I'm surprised to here Prohair suggested Hasci, albeit sarcastically, but still interesting. I do have a couple of quick questions which spring to mind, did Gho give you some minox? and did you use it every day and still using it now?

I have to admit there were days I would forget to use it, I just hope that wasn't the trigger for my shedding.

I guess I'm just wondering why I wasn't one of the luckier ones who kept all/most of their grafts.

Inactive

Funny that they put you away while HSI did not.

Strange at hairsite they say its always the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Hi Tinnitus,

Thanks for all that. Seeing as your head is shaved you will probably have a much better idea than I will of whether the donor regeneration is successful or not, but my donor looks to be regenerating. (Certainly no white spots)

I too will be looking to have a repeat procedure next year, although I'm going to hold off until I can definitely see these 700 growing properly first of all.

I'm surprised to here Prohair suggested Hasci, albeit sarcastically, but still interesting. I do have a couple of quick questions which spring to mind, did Gho give you some minox? and did you use it every day and still using it now?

I have to admit there were days I would forget to use it, I just hope that wasn't the trigger for my shedding.

I guess I'm just wondering why I wasn't one of the luckier ones who kept all/most of their grafts.
    yes, i got cortisone, OTC pain killer, supplement pills - which they compared to a fertilizer, and a minoxidil spray with their logo and name on it, it was yellower than the one that the pharmacy makes which is more clear see thru. i didnt use it everyday, i have even left a week between using it again. i finished the spray after 3.5 months, and when i used it, it was only once a day. near the end i was using it more regularly, and have now continued using it.

i dont think the minox is responsible for your shed. when did u start shedding? i went to the clinic in maastricht. which one did u go to? which region of ur head got the treatment? i got frontal part, my hair line - moving up to mid region.

I have looked to see if i could see any scars or signs of treatment, but im going to need a good camera, because i cant see anything using 2 mirrors .

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Funny that they put you away while HSI did not.

Strange at hairsite they say its always the other way around
    when i went to prohair i was still uneducated about HT's. i remember just mainly looking at before and after pics. after that consult, i felt i should get properly informed on the subject. i have read that prohair denies people with bad donor and/or too high expectation. i have not read about HSI refusing people.

hairsite doesn't sound like a good source. a lot of aggression there it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnitus View Post
    i dont think the minox is responsible for your shed. when did u start shedding? i went to the clinic in maastricht. which one did u go to? which region of ur head got the treatment? i got frontal part, my hair line - moving up to mid region.

I have looked to see if i could see any scars or signs of treatment, but im going to need a good camera, because i cant see anything using 2 mirrors .
    I started shedding around week 5-6 roughly. Went to the London clinic and the grafts were placed in the middle of my scalp more or less. I think everyone reacts different, I don't think I'm the only person to shed grafts from Gho as they told me this is what I should expect.

What I didn't ask is did you have the HSI or HST? They used the HSI method for me. I think it was suggested this is slightly less invasive than HST which was paramount due to my scarring alopecia.