Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • splitting hairs
    • Jul 2009

Dr cole and acell update

Hi, I contacted dr cole for information on his findings with CIT and acell. The response I got is below:

Thank you for contacting us again. With patients that have returned to us after having a procedure done with the use of ACell, we have seen up to 60% regrowth in the donor area.

We are scheduling procedures for the months of January and February at the moment. Please contact a patient coordinator at the office to schedule

Tbh I think this is the most exciting development at the moment. Possibly because dr cole is a high profile FUE surgeon. And tbh I trust him way more than dr gho

What are everyone's views??
  • Follicle Death Row
    • May 2011

Seriously? If so fantastic. I'd like to see some pics and papers from Dr. Cole though before I get too excited.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
      Inactive
      • Jan 2011

Still 10 years away

:-) Sorry i just wanted to make fun of idiots

Comment

• krewel
        • Aug 2011

Why do you trust him more than Gho?!

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
          • Apr 2011

If this is true, why haven't we heard about it ?

Comment

• splitting hairs
            • Jul 2009

Gho has a bit of a reputation for making false claims and generally no top docs believe him. Cole is a well respected IAHRS member and several docs have mentioned the possibility of follicle regeneration after FUE.

This has been mentioned on the forum several times do a quick search of CIT and acell.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
              • Apr 2011

So if I go to Dr. Cole and I get an FUE done I'll have 60% regrowth in the donor site ? I'm going to contact him.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                • Apr 2011

But wait, if this has been mentioned several times here, why are you reporting it as if it were something new, "the most exciting development at the moment" ? Also, wasn't it on Spencer's show a few weeks back that Acell was a bust?

Comment

• splitting hairs
                  • Jul 2009

I'm not reporting it as something new! Hence the word 'update' in the title of this thread. Lower figures have previously been quoted.

If you do sum research you'll see that was acell being used on plucked hairs. This is different and quite frankly more plausible.

Comment

• splitting hairs
                    • Jul 2009

Lol strong words but true. Tbh histogen replicel etc are still in trials and tbh there will be delays and holdups and who even knows if they will work and if they will even be safe??

Tbh I don't trust gho. Having a look around on hairsite shows he has made promises in the past that he has not fulfilled. But wot he says he is doing is possible. If everything works out I plan on going to dr cole once the regeneration rate is consistently high.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                      Inactive
                      • Jan 2011

To bad my post was deleted, i wonder who reported it. Maybe some of those people i mentioned before.

Well i dont have anymore respect for those nay sayers who just ignore facts to make others fill bitter and sad only because those ******** feel bitter themselves

Comment

• maxhair
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by splitting hairs
                        I'm not reporting it as something new! Hence the word 'update' in the title of this thread. Lower figures have previously been quoted.

If you do sum research you'll see that was acell being used on plucked hairs. This is different and quite frankly more plausible.
                        You think growing a brand new follicular unit is going to be easier for Acell than growing just the root around a plucked hair with stem cells of a root still attached? You'd have to explain why.

When I consider, that in 2010, Cole's very strong claims about FUE success rate were called into suspicion by Spencer, who didn't name Cole, but did say he doesn't care what some surgeons claim, strip is the most effective - while Cole was claiming FUE more effective...

When I consider Cole already made the most aggressive claims about FUE rate, and when I consider that Cooley claimed Acell worked on plucked hair, when it doesn't - and yet Cooley is still seen as legit...

I think Cole is thinking, "If Cooley can get people in his chair with false claims, and get away with it, then I will too."

Cole was very skeptical of Cooley's presentation at first, saying nothing had been proved - and he was right.

Now Cole has to prove it - with photos that would pass his level of skepticism, and, having had a zero result with plucking from Cooley, my level of skepticism too.

Save your money until he proves it with photos of N6s and 7s to N1s.

And he can do those on volunteers for free - just like any other clinical trial.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                          Inactive
                          • Jan 2011

Ahhh another out of the *** talk i missed those guys till now

Comment

• maxhair
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                            Ahhh another out of the *** talk i missed those guys till now
                            Balls!

I know what I'm talking about. I lost the money on Acell to prove it.

Go and get one of these "60% donor regeneration" FUEs with Cole, then report back if you're so confident.

If you're a N6 or 7... go for it! If it doesn't work, you're a Gho believer too - so what are you so scared of?

How bald are you, how old are you, and how many grafts have you got available in your donor area, Richard?

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                              Inactive
                              • Jan 2011

bla bla yadda yadda

Comment

Working...