+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can any one help me on hair loss treatment

Hello friends, I'm 30 years old, and I have frontal hair loss (I am loosing hair for the last 10 years). For now I´m only using Minoxidil, and it doesn´t seem to be enough although I'm not always so careful about using it twice a day like the way it is recommended. I don´t use Propeceia because my liver isn’t on the best shape.
    Can any one provide me with a good treatment, evan if would require combining different type of products. I hear a lot abot Revivogen, Saw Palmetto substence, Avixis, Zymo Hsor, HR3 Matrix, spectral DNC etc. etc. Any one recommend this together with minoxidil maybe?
    Thanks

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by lucas0581 View Post
    Hello friends, I'm 30 years old, and I have frontal hair loss (I am loosing hair for the last 10 years). For now I´m only using Minoxidil, and it doesn´t seem to be enough although I'm not always so careful about using it twice a day like the way it is recommended. I don´t use Propeceia because my liver isn’t on the best shape.
    Can any one provide me with a good treatment, evan if would require combining different type of products. I hear a lot abot Revivogen, Saw Palmetto substence, Avixis, Zymo Hsor, HR3 Matrix, spectral DNC etc. etc. Any one recommend this together with minoxidil maybe?
    Thanks
    I am currently on natural alternatives to propecia. I use 510mg beta sitosterol, 300mg saw palmetto and other stuff daily. It all takes months to years for visible results, nothing happens over night !

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    I am currently on natural alternatives to propecia.
    And these are going to do absolutely nothing for you. You are wasting your time, money and hair. The worse part is you are encouraging and recruiting others to waste their time money and hair as well. This is pathetic.

I have to agree with Tracy. It’s really a shame that you are wasting such precious time. Please don’t drag others down with you. Anyone who really wants to treat their hair loss needs to see their doctor and should only consider proven treatments.

Saw palmetto is also popular as an herbal remedy for a type of hair loss and baldness called androgenic alopecia
    Although we still don't know exactly how it works, it's believed that it may block an enzyme (5-alpha-reductase) from allowing the hormone testosterone from being converted to another hormone, dihydrotestosterone. Dihydrotestosterone is considered a key contributing factor to the onset and progression of androgenic alopecia and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
    It did work for some users but this is modifying hormonal functions which is not the best thing to do for your orall health.
    there are other herbal products that can give you same positiv results without touching the hormones like bAY ST THOMASThyme essential oil Castor oil Atlas cedarwood essential oil Jojoba oil Grapeseed oil *Strengthens and revitalize the hair.
    that s what i am using at the moment, many people dont think herbal remedies work but it does for many it is worth trying and see

Fair enough, I dont see why every one is so down on herbal remedies. I guess that there is not the marketing BS to back them up...
    It's not as though propecia/fin is a dead cert for stopping hairloss. I've been on it now and have experienced entirely negative results I feel. accelerated loss after 7 months and some sexual side affects At least when I was taking nettle root and saw palmetto, I noticed no obvious acceleration in loss or side effects... just saying.

Did no one bother to address the OP properly before the in-fighting began?

lucas, unfortunately minoxidil and finasteride are the only proven treatments to combat hair loss. There is also evidence that Ketaconazole can help, which you can get in Nizoral Shampoo in the 1% or 2% strengths.
    If you haven't done this, I advise you do. You can use the 1% twice a week or the 2% once a week.

If you haven't seen a medical professional about finasteride, I recommend you do before you rule it out completely due to other health reasons.

It's probably best you continue using minoxidil. As I understand though, it's typically not effective on the front of the scalp and also you need to use it for 4 - 6 months before being able to determine whether it's working for you.

There's also the option of a hair transplant, but you would still have to use treatments to stop further hair loss.

As a word of advice, please stick to the proven treatments rather than wasting your money on the myriad of snake oils available on the market - There is no substitute to evidence.

Sincerely,

Border Gateway Protocol

you guys who trash natural treatments are as pathetic as those who only recommend them,
    You do realize the guy said hes not able to take fin for medical reasons, so the next best go natural, saw palmetto does work, its nowhere near as potent or effective as fin but its better than doing nothing about it

Quote Originally Posted by Cob984 View Post
    you guys who trash natural treatments are as pathetic as those who only recommend them,
    You do realize the guy said hes not able to take fin for medical reasons, so the next best go natural, saw palmetto does work, its nowhere near as potent or effective as fin but its better than doing nothing about it
    True.

Vitamin E and L-Arginine should also be added to the mix of natural hair loss prevention. In my opinion, if a guy is serious about halting MPB, he should take every measure possible the natural way and build on it with other solutions combined.

Try Tretinoin (Retin-A) if you can rub it on your scalp. It does have a positive effect. And its basically side-effect free.