X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itzbryan
    • Aug 2011

Propecia 1mg Day 106...

After 106 days on Propecia, could I be experiencing my "Propecia shed?"

I haven't noticed a lot of hair loss after I commenced the oral prescription. But the last two days I've seen MASSIVE shedding. I was on the computer the other night on campus doing some work, looked down to write a few notes on my white computer paper, and noticed five or six hairs on the page....

Could this be my propecia shed??!
  • VictimOfDHT
    • Apr 2011

5 or 6 hairs is not a shed. Unless you're losing over 100 hairs a day you're within the normal limits.

Comment

• itzbryan
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
      5 or 6 hairs is not a shed. Unless you're losing over 100 hairs a day you're within the normal limits.
      You don't understand... That was one sitting, and one example across the span of five minutes. I've been noticing it all day.

It seems to be falling out as fast as it did when I sat in my room and counted 180+ individual hairs on the table in one night.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
        • Apr 2011

I don't know. I don't have a shed when I go off Fin and get back on it but I do shed like crazy when I do the same with Minox.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
          IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
          • Nov 2008

Every patient is going to respond differently to medications. Unfortunetly, there is no magic ball we can look into to determine which patients will respond positively and which will respond negatively. It is still a trial and error process.
          Dr. Glenn Charles
          Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
          View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...