+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need HT Repair

Default Need HT Repair

Looking for some advice. If you need excellent repair and might only have on HT session left who would you call? I look forward to hearing your thoughts here. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by needhtrepair View Post
    Looking for some advice. If you need excellent repair and might only have on HT session left who would you call? I look forward to hearing your thoughts here. Thank You.
    You need to see a qualified IAHRS doctor for a consultation. Go to www.iahrs.org and have a few consultations to get an idea of what you can expect.

Thank You....I did that, I was curious based on experience whose the best repair person out there. Was looking for some opinions. Any would be greatly apprecaited.

Needhtrepair unfortunately it is not that easy to just ask and get an answer. Picking a doctor off a list that they need to pay to be on is a bad idea in my opinion. There is no substitute for doing one’s own research which takes at least a few years.
    1. • I suggest reading all the forums.
    2. • Search the history of those forums for at least 5 years.
    3. • Have as many consultations as possible in person or online.
    4. • Connect with patients both happy and unhappy on the phone or in person.
    5. • Speak to people that work in the industry especially those that have since left the industry. That in particular is like striking gold.
    6. • Include reading forums that regularly ban members especially former patients as it is still a good lesson in how this industry operates. Note the doctors that support that type of site as they are not only part of the problem but there is guilt by association. Supporting an unethical site can sometimes tell you something about a clinics own ethics.

Bottom line is it takes few years to make a good decision so take your time and don’t dig a deeper hole. I read a quote from a Gerald Celente interview regarding the banking industry. I believe it applies very well to many who operate in the HT industry so it’s best to be extremely careful.

You have to start acknowledging these people for what they are, and that is moral degenerates who are basically sociopaths and psychopaths. Meaning they don’t feel any sympathy or empathy for other human beings. The only thing they care about is themselves. They will do anything. They will still, they will lie, they will cheat.

With so much money at stake here too many put the money before the patient.

Topcat has been through a lot, so I can understand why he is so very bitter, but the IAHRS is comprised of the very best hair transplant surgeons in the world, and there is no question about that. It really should be the first place you research. My brother is an ENT and he has to pay to be a member of the AMA, his local medical association and so on. I think Topcat's comment about that makes little sense and is very misleading.

Amadeus I appreciate your opinion but I think you completely misunderstand my postings. I am not bitter about my own experience and as I have written in the past it has not only made me a stronger person but it has benefitted me in many ways.

I do make a point to post to the forums not out of bitterness but to help others. Speaking honestly about this industry is not bitterness it is just honesty, big difference. I know for an absolute fact that doctors on the list mentioned have caused extensive damage to patients because I have actually spoken to those patients so what you have written is completely inaccurate. Does this mean all the doctors on the list are bad, no. Does this mean that the ones that have caused damage cause damage all the time, no. What it means is pulling a name off a list or out of a hat for that matter is not a full proof system. I’m sure even the list owner would agree with that. Does a list have its place, yes but in my opinion what I have listed is much more important. Don’t listen to any one person you need to have dozens and dozens of opinions. If a list were full proof than list owners would be willing to take on complete responsibility for the results but they simply can’t accept that liability through no fault of their own. I’m sure everything is done to try and prevent incompetent or greedy doctors from being on the list but unfortunately is does not always work. I don’t come to these forums to actually name names and do try and keep it civil but these are facts.

As far as what I posted about forums that are in the business of deception often banning posters that complain or those that are too outspoken this is just another aspect of dishonesty in the business. Clinics that associate themselves by advertising with others who are dishonest in this industry which includes forums are all part of the same pile of sh*t. What else is someone suppose to think. Its 2011 reputable companies do not do business with those that are unethical because it is a reflection of themselves. Maybe for others posting pictures of yourself in compromising positions on the internet, banning posters or directing the flow of postings on a forum is okay but not with me and it should not be for a reputable hair transplant clinic.

I post facts and I don’t get compensated to do it. I don’t lie and I don’t make things up. I don’t have to and it’s not part of who I am. I also do not come to these forums and complain about the same results I see often posted over and over year after year by some clinics and tell them they are too optimistic so in turn I expect the same courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by needhtrepair View Post
    Listen to me very carefully. You need someone skilled and well known for both FUE and strip. Someone on the leading edge of the latest techniques including the use of ACell and other products that will faciliate healing and minimize scarring.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

If we are being honest topcat, we have no idea if you have ever spoken to any patient about anything. This is the internet, as you know, and you can have a misleading agenda just like those you are claiming to fight against. I trust people with proven track records and you are just a poster on a website as far as I'm concerned. Everything you are saying can be part of an agenda to promote a certain doctor or technique.No one really knows for sure. How do we know that your doctor hasn't caused other people damage? How do we know for sure that you are not being compensated in some way to do this? Do we simply take the word of an anonymous poster? I think you should just stick to your personal hair transplant experiences. I think you mean well, but who really knows for sure? You yourself can be part of the "evil" empire you profess to try to protect us all from. You just don't know on the internet do you?

Amadues I agree with you 100% and that is why I always tell those researching to please not listen to only what I have to say but speak to as many people as possible. I listed that in my initial response in case you missed it. It is also why I tell others it literally takes years to research. It’s unfortunate that a profession can be so riddled with deception.

As far as my history you are welcome to read my postings over the last 12 years or so. It is fairly easy to pick out the liars as over time they have a hard time keeping their stories straight.

As far as leading edge techniques the last person I spoke to that used Acell had a scar revision turn into a giant bald patch. It would probably be better advised that these clinics using these new techniques to take a slower approach and not put the patient at risk. Dr. Brandy thought he had a leading edge technique and there are probably thousands of repair patients out there as a result. Same could be said for many of the other leading edge techniques of the past.

Maybe they should practice on friends, family and their advocates first.

For all patients believe no one in this business including myself. Take what I and others have to say into consideration but most importantly take your time and make an effort to do the research. If you are not sure, do nothing as it is not worth the risk.

Take your time , dont let the situation you find yourself in rush you into anything , theres some good advice here

regards ej