+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

wow i feel like spencer responded to this thread. im tormented, im 22 and im on the cusp. If i take it i could maintain a fair amount of hair and if i dont i will be shaving soon. I am very fit and lean and im not sure if i want to sacrifice that for hair. Im going to call into the show next week.

Quote Originally Posted by MackJames View Post
    Some of these men might have other health issues, such as obesity, high blood pressure or smoking, that cause or contribute to their sexual dysfunction. Propecia might be the cause all by itself in many cases or it could be the final nudge that pushes an already out of whack body towards dysfunction.
    That is such a good point. Each of those other health issues have been known to cause sexual dysfunction. So does stress. Stress is capable of doing more damage than people want to believe.

I wonder if there is a way to pre-determine the likelyhood of experiencing sexual dysfunction prior to starting the medication. That would be a good thing if it were possible.

The problem is that Propecia can cause other problems besides sexual dysfunction; I can attest to it causing other problems in myself. It is never a good idea to drastically alter a person's hormonal structure, and drastically lower a main male hormone that gives a man his masculine characteristics. What I wish they would do is find a way to lower DHT in only the scalp and not throughout your entire body. But these pharmaceutical companies really couldn't care less about our plight. If they did, then they would work on a much, much more potent version of minoxidil or the aforementioned idea of lowering DHT in the scalp only and not throughout a person's entire body.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    The problem is that Propecia can cause other problems besides sexual dysfunction; I can attest to it causing other problems in myself. It is never a good idea to drastically alter a person's hormonal structure, and drastically lower a main male hormone that gives a man his masculine characteristics. What I wish they would do is find a way to lower DHT in only the scalp and not throughout your entire body. But these pharmaceutical companies really couldn't care less about our plight. If they did, then they would work on a much, much more potent version of minoxidil or the aforementioned idea of lowering DHT in the scalp only and not throughout a person's entire body.
    dude..i couldnt said better thanks...
    against ht fin !!

Regarding a topical, Cosmo are putting their new anti androgen treatment CB 03 01 through trials which according to the science will be slightly better than finasteride and not systemic. If they're pursuing that for 2015/16 then I wonder if they don't think the cell based therapies currently in trials will come up trumps. I actually can't remember the timeline exactly so I may be wrong.

the fact that it decreases body hair is rather alarming... I have to say as a 22 yr old i look like im 30 due to body hair and my hairline or lack there of. just wish i didn't have to sacrifice my masculinity for hair. o well time to start wearing a ball cap...

Propecia probably does cause persistent sides in some percentage of men. But the thing I find alarming is how quick people completely reject the possibility of other reasons. At times users even claim persistent sides after 1 day of use.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to start from the simplest possible explanation and than work downwards? Even if the sides are the result of propecia, whats the harm in first considering other possible reasons before jumping the gun. There is a reason when you first speak to a Dr. he doesn't jump to the possibility of a serious diesease before first ruling out all other possibilities.

I only say this, because there was a peroid of about 4months in 2009 when I was super stressed and everything seemed to be falling apart around me. If I had been taken Finasteride back then, I would have sworn propecia ruined my libido and life. But again thats just me.

Just to share fin is originally used to treat benign prostrate hyperplasia ( enlarge prostrate) it helps shrink the gland which have great possibility that it either lower a male hormone or it relaxes muscles. Also the side effects especially sexual ones can mostly be seen 5 years or more of continued use of fin.

Quote Originally Posted by aosummers25 View Post
    Also the side effects especially sexual ones can mostly be seen 5 years or more of continued use of fin.
    From this link below, please read the second paragraph in the second topic entitled "Side Effects" below the "before and after pictures".

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...a-finasteride/

So you are claiming that shriking the prostrate has great possibility of lower male hormone. Do you have proof for this correlation?
    I am not contesting Propecia has persistent sides effect in a certain percetange of people. But just that we do not know the mechanism with certaininty, or the time frame it would take for the sides to appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by aosummers25 View Post
    Just to share fin is originlly used to treat benign prostrate hyperplasia ( enlarge prostrate) it helps shrink the gland which have great possibility that it either lower a male hormone or it relaxes muscles. Also the side effects especially sexual ones can mostly be seen 5 years or more of continued use of fin.