Threaded View

Default Severe diffuse thinning at 19. Desperate for some advice.

Hi everyone, I'm almost shaking while typing this out and pretty scared of what may be happening but I feel I need somewhere to turn for some real brutally honest answers. I am 19 and in the past 6 months or so have noticed a very severe thinning of the hair the top of my scalp. I have been incredibly stressed out this past year but from what I have read my loss seems more like classic MBP than stress related hairloss. It isn't too obvious when dry because some of my hair is thick and coarse but when my hair is wet it almost makes me sick. Another thing is I don't really know my family history of hair loss so I am basically going into all this blind. I have lived with my adoptive parents since I left foster care when I was 8 years old. I haven't seen my parents since I was about 6 and have never met my biological grandparents.

Also I feel I need to be completely honest, I also have a history of suffering from O.C.D and B.D.D (body dysmorphic disorder) since I was about 13 but I strongly believe this is not just in my head, even though my talk therapist swears that it is all in my head. I even went to my dermatologist a few weeks back and while he did say I may be thinning on top a little he refused to prescribe me any meds or treatment yet because of my mental history, which is the same reason he wouldn't prescribe me accutane a few years back. He told me to wait it out a little to see how it progresses but I don't want to lose valuable time. I am debating just taking matters into my own hands and ordering some fin or dut online.

Below are links to an album of various shots of my head with dry hair, wet hair, combed forward, combed back and a youtube video also. I realize this is a lot to look at but I greatly, greatly appreciate any help I may get more than you will ever know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqaZ3pB26GU
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/...nto/?start=all

Thanks again.