Threaded View

Arrow NeoGraft Hair Transplant: Will this New Device Make FUE More Affordable And Safe?

The targeted removal of follicular unit grafts, known as Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), certainly has its place in the field of surgical hair restoration. However, since the procedure has proven to be extremely labor intensive when performed correctly, and limited by the number of grafts that can be safety harvested intact per procedure, many in the field have chosen not to offer this procedure to their patients.

We have also seen some dismal results coming from some of the clinics that have over marketed the procedure without actually learning how to perform it correctly. IAHRS Member, Dr. Alan Feller has repeatedly warned patients about the three detrimental forces that are unique to FUE procedures, these are:

1.Torsion
    2.Traction
    3.Compression

Will the NeoGraft device help to eliminate these possible detrimental graft destroying forces and allow more hair transplant surgeons to offer FUE to patients who qualify for the procedure?

UPDATED: VIEW IMAGES
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.