Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Feller View Post
    Gil,
    You make some good points, but I don't agree that the HT industry needs to be regulated. I find the cry for regulation to be a knee-jerk reaction that does far more harm than good. When has the gov't EVER done a better job than the free market in ANY arena? Any time the gov't sanctimoniously regulates an industry it NEVER gets better, just the opposite, and the cost of doing business skyrockets. Think gun control and car-seats for infants.

In the end, gov't regulators are nothing more than people who couldn't get a premium job in the private sector and attempt to regain self-esteem by assuming an air of self-righteousness by bullying around their betters in the name of "the public good". My foot.

-Dr. F
    Dr Feller

Under that logic the situation that the Miners in Chile went through should happen again in the near future, the safety regulations before the accident did not exist, or several Countries that have reached major developments with a strong State and Goverment regulations in the economical arena should leave their current model and so on. It all depends on the context. I believe in the Free Market for the American Society, but I also know that this Liberal or Neoliberal concept has not worked in poor countries were 95% of the GDP is in the hands of a couple of families while the rest is starving. In this situations I would definetly aim for a stronger, more regulated and social focused gov. Did you know that several State own Companies around the world produce higher revenues than the Private ones in the same country and sector and respect workers right and pay ethical salaries? That for me is a clear example on how the Gov has done better.
    I graduated second of my class in Economics and decided to work for the Goverment because I believe in making my country a better place and by doing this I lost big time in the income spectrum to the extent that I need to safe for a long time before I can have an HT with you =)

Coming back to the main topic, I agree with you regarding the neograft and I woudn't have a procedure done with this "technique" after reading your statement so I thank you very much for taking the time on putting your valuable opinion on here. I have been promoting you big time in the Spanish forums and people are impressed with your results.

ps: I apologize for my english.