+ Reply to Thread

Default why am i balding?

Hello, It all started when i got on severe crash dieting and after that i could see the hair thinning and falling from the top of my head. It all recovered back once i stopped crash dieting over a period of time. Although it felt like this incident then triggered something because since then each year my hair started to fall but came back at a certain time but with little lesser density. The real problem started when i had this big stress incident last year and hairs started to disappear. Now suddenly i am like completely bald over head within 6-7 month and nothing seems coming back.

I used to use minoxidil before this stress incident and apparently it helped but now i am using it from last 5 months and it feels like its only worsening the situation.

To mention, i have always had severe dandruff problem with large flakes falling easily with some of it on back of my ears. I also have these oily bumps on my head, neck and sometimes on earlobes which hurts a bit when pressed.

Tests: I have got DHT done and its at lower side on the reference table (238 Pg/ml). Thyroids are ok. Does it mean its not MPB?

Any help is appreciated.

You need to be talking to a doctor.

Till then, continue to use Minoxidil as directed and start using Nizoral shampoo once per week.

Thanks. I have seen couple of trichologist and they only talks about MPB and DHT without any tests done. Although i always believed that the problem is somewhere else as there is no history of MPB even in my entire family line. Thats why i want to search a bit myself. Can anybody suggest some tests which can help me to find the root of the cause?