+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by PropeciaVictim View Post
    If you are very young and just beginning the balding process, maybe you want to take a little bit of time to get used to the idea you will not have a full-head of hair for the rest of your life. I took Propecia when I started losing a little bit of hair in my early twenties which caused a bit of a shock before I came to terms with it, and rushed into the drug since I felt a bit desperate. Merck intentionally takes advantage of this anxiety in younger men. Several years later I would not have bothered at all especially since 50% of men end up balding so you are not alone.
    Before I thin more and more I will eventually try fin just to see how it affects me, prolly take 0.5 and then up it a few months down the road if i dont get any significant sides.

I do understand your prespective though especially since Im 20 now, Im not rushing into anything just yet, especially a drug like finasteride.

Im assuming doctors have yet to determine a pattern in males which experience these side effects...? It sucks that it can be completely random

Quote Originally Posted by PropeciaVictim View Post
    Once again VictimofDHT has provided a dangerously misinformed and disrespectful post.

You cannot conclude that the side effects are not real simply because you did not experience them. Also, many men who have heard of potential side effects did not experience them while many men who knew nothing of this nature fell victim to the drug.

The truth is that the majority of men seem to do fine (or not experience any change from Propecia) but a very small men suffer absolutely crippling side effects and this has been confirmed by a handful of doctors who have seen dozens of men with these problems.

If you are very young and just beginning the balding process, maybe you want to take a little bit of time to get used to the idea you will not have a full-head of hair for the rest of your life. I took Propecia when I started losing a little bit of hair in my early twenties which caused a bit of a shock before I came to terms with it, and rushed into the drug since I felt a bit desperate. Merck intentionally takes advantage of this anxiety in younger men. Several years later I would not have bothered at all especially since 50% of men end up balding so you are not alone.
    I never said all side effects are "not real....". But I do know that a good % of those who have them or THINK they have them do so due to pshychosomatic reasons.
    Again, I've said it before and I'll say it again, all drugs can cause side effects in a small minority of people. Some drugs cause much worse side effects and even death but we don't hear people bitching and complaining about them day and night like they do about Fin. People make Fin sound like it's the most dangerous drug out there and it's all because it has to do with the penis. If it caused blindness, heart attack or whatever no one would care but god forbid it can affect the penis and all people are scared shitless. My point is we all know we could experience side effects from every single drug out there and we choose to use these drugs anyway. Side effects are a part of using drugs. Either we pull all drugs off the shelves because a small number of people experience side effects and let the rest of us live in misery or just accept things as they are. Fin causes sides in a minority of people. OK, we get it. I lost a lot of my transplanted hair but I'm not going to sit here and tell people don't get HTs because I had this shitty experience with HTs. Just found out I'm allergic to almonds. I'm not going to tell people dont eat it because I had an allergic reaction to it. That's my point.

Victim, I believe the point here remains whether or not it is worth the risk (whatever that risk may be) to develop an erectile dysfunction granted you're able to effectively slow or stop your hair loss. Sexual health is paramount to most people, this is why there is so much distress over products that cause sexual sides.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    I never said all side effects are "not real....". But I do know that a good % of those who have them or THINK they have them do so due to pshychosomatic reasons.

If it caused blindness, heart attack or whatever no one would care but god forbid it can affect the penis and all people are scared shitless.
    You really are not in a position to judge whether or not those who are suffering from the drug are suffering due to psychological reasons. Especially when the physicians who have treated such patients have concluded the contrary.

If Propecia caused blindness or heart attacks it is extremely unlikely that it would be passed through clinical trials. A drug's risks must outweigh the benefits of its intended treatment and hairloss is not such a crippling problem to do with whereas the side effects are.

Your comparisons to hairtransplants and almonds are nonsensical and not in the least bit comparable.

The real issue is that prospective patients should know about the rare albeit rare risks since the pharmaceutical company has no interest in advertising the risks to you.

To GoldbondMafia - if you do decide to go through with the treatment, it may be difficult to prevents the persisting side effects once they onset. For some men they come on slowly, but for others they onset rapidly so you can't expect to necessarily rely on caution.

VictiomofDHT how can you say that a good percentage of people that have persistent sexual side effects from propecia have them due to psychosomatic reasons(assuming you mean people with pfs).That doesn't make any sense, just total speculation.

Show me the numbers. That's all I'm asking. Show me the numbers of people who are suffering ED. REAL ED and not psychological. Hell, show me those too. If it were anywhere near mentioning nobody would be using Fin. Is it 15% ? 10%? 5%? ....?

Clandestine, people use Fin knowing about the risk. What's the problem there? People take risk doing a lot of things. When I started taking Fin I was full aware of possible side effects, yet I chose to use it anyway. People undergo surgeries sometimes with 90% failure and even possible death yet they choose to do it anyway out of despair. Nobody can or should decide for others what they choose to do. Even hair transplantation can go wrong. There are risks associated with it. When I decided to go for HT I signed a paper acknowledging that I know all the risks.... Should we also ban HTs or just forget about them because there are risks....

Let people do whatever they choose to do.

The truth is that the majority of men seem to do fine (or not experience any change from Propecia) but a very small(wrong :there is so many but they still denied)men suffer absolutely crippling side effects and this has been confirmed by a handful of doctors who have seen dozens of men with these problems.
    guys :eating fin every day during all your life is the worst decision y can think about it

Hate Ht

No one knows what percentage of users develop pfs, I don't think anyone on this thread is claiming they know. VictimofDHT, how do you know a good % of people who develop sexual sides due to so becuase of psychological reasons? Just wanted to know the reasoning behind coming to this conclusion?

Clandestine is right about the risk, was a great post. I hope those in the medical community who prescribe this medication let their patients know that the risk of pfs does exist. The probability that a patient would get this condition is small, but it does exist. When I was prescribed this medication years ago my doctor never told me that there is possibility of getting persistent sexual sides.