+ Reply to Thread

Arrow Dr Rahal - 2402 FUE Grafts - 5.5 Months

This 27 year old patient received 2402 grafts via the FUE method. The procedure was carried out in one session.

686 singles
    1285 doubles
    415 triples
    6 quads

4525 total hairs.

He experienced early growth and is photographed at 5.5 months post-op.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Fantastic result. Dr. Rahal is turning out some brilliant FUE results. I'm seeing more and more great FUE results this year from a load of doctors. May I ask how Dr. Rahal inserts the FUE grafts? Also can Dr. Rahal get close to total strip numbers from a donor over time with FUE?

I'm also looking forward to Sean's result Matt. Keep us updated on that one too.

Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Fantastic result. Dr. Rahal is turning out some brilliant FUE results. I'm seeing more and more great FUE results this year from a load of doctors. May I ask how Dr. Rahal inserts the FUE grafts? Also can Dr. Rahal get close to total strip numbers from a donor over time with FUE?

I'm also looking forward to Sean's result Matt. Keep us updated on that one too.

Thanks for your time.
    I'm sure Sean will take care of that!

Can you clarify what you mean about how Dr Rahal inserts the grafts?

Sorry. It is just lateral slit and forceps insertion? Or saggital slit and forceps insertion or does he use an implanter pen?

Also may I ask what donor density this patient has and the same for Sean? I have been blown away by some of the FUE results. The thing is I'm trying to gauge what's possible numbers wise with FUE. I know it's very much patient dependent but I've heard some say as little as 3500 FUE on average or some say 8000-10000! I originally thought about 6000 sounds kind of right (approx. 30% depletion) but I don't know anymore.

Thanks for your time Matt.

Dr Rahal uses lateral slit and doesn't use any form of implanter pen.

Are you specifically interested in Dr Rahal's work? Have you had a consultation yet? You could always send me your photos via email (my address is in my signature) and Dr Rahal could give his recommendation. It's clear that you're thinking of the future as well as what is possible for you now, and as long as your photos are clear he could give you some idea of your donor quality, too.

Well I need to wait awhile I think. I was working as a structural engineer but alas can't foresee myself doing it forever so I've gone back to college and am currently in medical school so I'll probably have to wait another 3 years which is just as well given I'll only have just turned 29 by the time I'm out working as an intern. Bit annoying because I'd be able to pursue it now if I had not gone back.

My plan is to wait it out until then and see how I progress. I'll be able to better gauge my options then given my father is a norwood 5/6 (high lateral humps, remanants of the bridge and something like a circular crown of 10-11cm diameter) and I've decided not to take finasteride which is not good for the hair but to be honest I wouldn't be happy to be on the drug for a lifetime just for my hair. (I'm thinking long term effects - 20-30 years) It's a huge commitment. I'm probably a norwood 2.5 now so I'll see how I'll progess. Minoxidil seems to have slowed things down a bit for the time being.

In 3 years I'll have the financial means to pursue it if I so wish. I'll also be able to better assess my own hair loss progression and see if some other treatments come along that can help. Of course I may become comfortable with hairloss and accept it but I don't see that happening somehow.

Dr. Rahal does excellent work and his artistry is great so I'll definitely consider organising something when the time is right. The FUE route is particularly interesting.

Thanks very much for your time Matt.

Btw I've had a consultation re medical therapies and suitablity in the future with a HT doc in my own country. He's an ISHRS member but not an IAHRS member and tbh I don't rate their work which is why I'm researching and looking abroad with the notion of doing something down the line.

It doesn't sound like your hairloss can be very bad at the moment anyway. Good luck with the career change.