+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia failed me???

heres my story please comment with your views,

I notices my hair start falling out 9 months ish about ago, it started with shedding in the shower and its just got thinner and thinner, for about 6 and a half months ive been taking propecia but my crown, temples and general top of my head continue to thin. Still lots of shedding and misery.

Now is it safe to say propecia is not going to work for me? Has any one else had this experience and how was the outcome? Because though I suffer no major side effects I do find I am pretty miserable tired and morw flabby than before I started propecia or is this just the bald curse ?

Any help would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbo View Post
    Now is it safe to say propecia is not going to work for me?
    No it is not safe to say that. According to Merck, the manufacturer of Propecia (1mg Finasteride), it takes a full 12 months before you will know if the medicine is working for you. If your hair loss has not arrested by that 12 month mark, the medicine is not working for you. If your hair loss has arrested by that 12 month mark, the medicine is working for you. Please note that I said "arrested", not "reversed"... So, it takes a full 12 months before you will know if Propecia can arrest your hair loss. It takes much longer before you will know if Propecia will help reverse any hair loss you have allready suffered.

It takes a very long time to treat hair loss. You may have noticed your hair loss nine months ago, but it was going on much longer than that. You see, you don't actually notice your hair loss untill you have loss about half of your original density. So the sad truth is that by the time you notice you are losing your hair, you have already lost half of your hair.

If you are not experiencing any side effects, you should continue the medication for the full 12 months to find out if your hair loss can be arrested.