+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair Transplant

Great results!!!
    Did you evaluate Dr. Anderson or Dr. Cole, both in Atlanta before choosing Dr. Griffin? Also, I am looking at about the same amount of grafts and wanted to know if you would mind sharing the cost of your procedure.

Default One month post-op

Hello everyone, I am now one month post-op from my HT. All of my transplanted hairs have fallen out and I think I have experience some shedding as my hair feels and looks thinner (in my opinion). But things have gone well, I haven't had any problems with pain or anything like that. I truly wish I had a time machine because as much as I try to forget about it, I always keep hoping for that donor hair to start growing. I posted a few pics because I really want to look back and see the transformation when it finally happens. Thanks everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo14.jpg

Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	12900   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo15.jpg

Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	12901   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo16.jpg

Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	12902   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo17.jpg

Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	12903  

Quote Originally Posted by HairLost View Post
    I truly wish I had a time machine because as much as I try to forget about it, I always keep hoping for that donor hair to start growing.
    The waiting is the hardest part. It totally stinks. The best thing you can do for yourself is focus on something else.

It would be a good idea to only take photos once a month, once every two months or once every three months. The more time between photos, the more difference you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The waiting is the hardest part. It totally stinks. The best thing you can do for yourself is focus on something else.

It would be a good idea to only take photos once a month, once every two months or once every three months. The more time between photos, the more difference you will see.
    Thanks, I only plan to take pics at each month now. I just wanted to show the progression in the first month. I appreciate the advice and encouragement.

Default 2 months post op

Hello everyone, I am now two months post op from my HT. I have been focusing on other things and have stopped looking in the mirror as much. There has been no growth nor any new changes in my opinion. I have had some itching around the donor area and have noticed several pimples on top of my scalp. I am posting some pics, straight out of the shower, with towel dried uncombed hair. Thanks to everyone who posts here, I am hoping that in the coming months I will see some growth.

Name:	photo18.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	13405   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo19.jpg

Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	13406   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo20.jpg

Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	13407   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo21.jpg

Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	13408   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo22.jpg

Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	13409  

Default 3 months post-op

Hello everyone, I am now 3 months post-op from my HT. I have seen no notable changes as of yet. I am starting to regain complete sensation around the donor area and I am still noticing pimples on the recipient area. Sometimes I feel what's like a "pins and needles" sensation in the recipient area (no real pain though). During my haircut last week, my stylist said that she noticed small, thin hairs beginning to grow in the recipient area. She said that she felt that my hair had gotten thicker since my last haircut 5 weeks before. But anyway, I am posting some pics of my head, these pictures are from my hair unshowered and after wearing a hat all day today. Thanks for reading, I am hoping the first 3 months have taken the longest and maybe I will start to see some growth soon.

Name:	photo23.jpg

Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	13964   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo24.jpg

Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	13965   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo25.jpg

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	13966   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo26.jpg

Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	13967   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo27.jpg

Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	13968  

Default 3 months post-op

Also wanted to add in these pictures after showering.

Name:	photo28.jpg

Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	13969   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo29.jpg

Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	13970   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo30.jpg

Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	13971   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo31.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	13972  

Hairlost thanks for keeping us all posted mate, too many people disappear when they have got what they wanted so I hope u keep posting once a month until the 12 month mark.

Ok now some good news... Imo(from someone who has had 4 hts in 3 years) you are now through the hardest part. Anytime around week 14-17 u start seeing some serious growth and it keeps getting better until month 6 and there is more slow progress until the 12 month mark. Well at least that's what it was like for me all four times and it's what iv seen on other people as well although it's not always the same for everyone

I started this journey at the age of 27 with 600 grats, biggest mistake of my life even though I have a full head of year. Like me, you should also be a little worried and catious about the future because u will lose a lot more. Hope ur on the meds and keep researching on the forums in case ur loss gets worse and u need to make some quick decisions

Best of luck... The fun starts around about now

Hey thanks man. I am taking meds and I feel I am in the hands of a great doctor. I hope I start seeing some growth. I'm getting very excited.

Just hang in there, you're on your way to having more hair!