+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Woods or Umar

Default Woods or Umar

Hi

I would need some help in chosing between these 2 doctors.
    I did research on both of them and Im still not sure which one should I go for.
    Im after these 2 docs bc I i will need to use body/beard hair for my procedure as my head donor
    wont be enough to gimme coverage and density i desire, so you can see that limits my choices.

Woods seems to be good doc, gets high yield with fewer grafts but is so expensive,
    about $14 per graft is his current price. Another thing about him is that he is a bit too conservative
    when it comes to hairlines and he doesnt seem to give lot of density, all his cases have somewhat
    thin see through look; yes he doesnt use too many grafts.I would need about 6 000 - 7000 grafts and
    that would cost me almost 100 k, now you see thats a lot of money and im not sure if his work
    justifies price, even if i get some discount it would still be lot of $$$

Umar on the other hand does bigger sessions 1500 grafts per day and charges $7 per graft, so it
    would cost me 50K, without any discounts, mayb id be able to get it for cheaper price.
    Thats half what Woods charges.
    Umar densities are much better and has more documented cases on his website than woods

I never met Umar patient but Ive met one woods and while result was ok for amount of grafts used
    the patient needed double the number of grafts to look good.
    Woods does all his work by himself while Umar uses techs I think.

So apart from the obvious that Dr Umar is bang for buck, who in your opinion does better work,
    gets better yield and looks more natural? Is Woods graft worthed 2 Umars, or its overpriced?
    They both claim that 95% of grafts will grow.(dont know how they determine that)

Is it possible that Woods gets better yield due to his small sessions of 500 grafts per day vs Umars 1500 per day?

Btw im tossing between 2 coz im nw5/6 and will need to use bht/beard as i can only use abt 3 000-3500 head grafts according to Umar
    I would like to hear your opinion, unbiased and honest

Cheers

I would go to neither. I think if you are looking for a good FUE/body hair HT surgeon I would go with Christian Bisanga in Belgium or Dr. Cole Atlanta..... I'm not a fan of Umar"s work - I don't think it looks very natural.

Was considering Dr Mwamba, he was trained by Dr Cole and he is a member of IAHRS.
    im not sure if they are as good as DrUmar/DrWoods when in comes to BHT/Beard hair

I agree with druginducedhairloss, I would not consider Umar and Woods has very modest results at best. Try to stay with IAHRS doctors if you can. I’m not sure how much body hair work most of them do because body hair is so inconsistent.

The reason why Woods patients dont look spectacular is bc they run out of money before job is complete.I ve seen one of his NW6 patients that had only 3500 grafts,result is ok but he needs double that amount and thats 50K...also he isa bit too conservative. I heard Spencer Kobren say nice things about him, its just matter that he didnt apply for IAHRS membership.Biggest turn off is the price.

Umar did some high Nws and repairs noone else would touch,
    https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSUmar...14/_STSE9W3FzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckab...eature=related

I m not interested in strip btw,
    who on the IAHRS list is the best FUE doc that does high NWs, like these 2 cases?

I came across this site by accident. It's terrific. Is this video of an African American subject a decent representation of Umar's work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfjZrlmu_Tg

Also, is this type of result (especially re: the hairline at the 2:40 mark in video) a fair expectation of AA's in general (irrespective of surgeon)?

You would have to be out of your mind to go to Umar. He's all internet hype. He spends way too much time promoting himself of Youtube.I don't think he would even be able to be a sponsor one the lower tier websites that except everyone like the hair transplant network hair transplant sales site. Woods isn't to hot either if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    You would have to be out of your mind to go to Umar. He's all internet hype. He spends way too much time promoting himself of Youtube.I don't think he would even be able to be a sponsor one the lower tier websites that except everyone like the hair transplant network hair transplant sales site. Woods isn't to hot either if you ask me.
    Thanks for the 411. I literally just found this site so I have less than 48 hrs of research under my belt. My real question - irrespective of doctor - is that a real result in the above YouTube video I submitted? It's the best one I've ever seen for African American men w/ short hairstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by l.pennington View Post
    Thanks for the 411. I literally just found this site so I have less than 48 hrs of research under my belt. My real question - irrespective of doctor - is that a real result in the above YouTube video I submitted? It's the best one I've ever seen for African American men w/ short hairstyles.
    It's probably real, but you have to understand that many of these videos are very deceptive. You're looking at different length hair in the before and after and the lighting is even different. More hype is you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Why do you think he is all hype, he posted some of the most impressive results.
    Every doc posts their best results, Umar is no exeption imo.
    HTN wants to recomend him

Woods is quiet one and his results seem ok at best