+ Reply to Thread

Default Sup guys, 26 and bald here.

So I started noticing my hair thinning at 17. I was going for the shaved head look at the time, I imagine that sped up the process of my hairline retracting. I didn't make a big deal of it at first because I thought I just had a natural "V shaped" hairline and at the time didn't even think it was possible to lose your hair at that age. It wasn't until about 19 that I realized my predicament and thought to do something about it.

So, long story short, I bought an expensive product that I had heard good reviews about that you use daily. Well I used it for almost a year, noticed no change, and gave up.

Fast forward, I'm now 26, have been completely bald on top since 20. I have learned that this is just part of who I am and to accept it as best as I can.

My major worry is the dating scene. I'm kind of a shy dude, and am always worried about approaching women my age because of my baldness. So instead of approaching women I do nothing.

So basically, I am no longer bothered by my appearance, but I am bothered how other people may perceive it (women specficially.)

Anyone else have this affliction? I welcome any advice or even criticism.

Thanks for reading.

I swear it god, is it insecurity month? I wonder if these posts are creeping up because it's right after Thanksgiving?

You contradicted yourself here...

So basically, I am no longer bothered by my appearance, but I am bothered how other people may perceive it (women specficially.)

You actually are bothered by your appearance if you are inside your head of how others perceive your baldness, which is perfectly normal mind you.

Obviously no one can be critical about being self-conscious about asking girls out because... I hate to say it but as I have read so many "how to pick up girls" books, we are evolutionary programmed to hate rejection. It's a supposed survival mechanism that doesn't matter if you have the best looking hair in the world or if you are completely bald. It depends on your self-confidence. So if you want a direct answer, your MPH isn't the problem, it's your confidence level. Your MPH might be lowering your confidence level, but that can be boosted in several ways you can find in other topics throughout the thread.

Having a bad day Bromin?

I don't think I contradicted myself. I've personally comes to terms with it, I mean I accept it, but that doesn't make others equally as accepting, is what I was trying to convey.

And yes, I'm incredibly insecure, even if I had a full head of hair I would be. Unfortunately I'm also Social Phobic which I take medication for.

Now, I didn't come here for sympathy or pity. Judging by your response, it's just as harsh here for baldies. I came to maybe here some stories of how other young people with hair loss deal with the daily grind, and learn how it may have affected individuals love life.

one way to cope wth it is to nt hide it. it's nt easy to go talk to good looking women in first place & if one is worried abt wearing hat, a comb-over or a toupee it makes it even worse. u will eventually find someone who is beautiful & loves u the way u r & for ur personality. i did

Quote Originally Posted by C_QueL View Post
    Having a bad day Bromin?

I don't think I contradicted myself. I've personally comes to terms with it, I mean I accept it, but that doesn't make others equally as accepting, is what I was trying to convey.

And yes, I'm incredibly insecure, even if I had a full head of hair I would be. Unfortunately I'm also Social Phobic which I take medication for.

Now, I didn't come here for sympathy or pity. Judging by your response, it's just as harsh here for baldies. I came to maybe here some stories of how other young people with hair loss deal with the daily grind, and learn how it may have affected individuals love life.
    Wasn't the fact I was having a bad day, it was just the 4th post I read almost in succession of the same topic: low self esteem and confidence. That sucks that you have a medically established insecurity, have you thought about going to a psychologist instead of taking medication to overcome your insecurity? I don't know your history in detail but I have seen wonderful success stories and cases where medication was in fact hindering the patient and psychiatrists/psychologists were able to help them to increase their self-esteem/confidence through other techniques.

I'm a model 33 and completely bald. I know many men are concerned about going bald but I really don't get it I've always had lots of female attention and until the age of 24 had thick black curtains as was the fashion at the time at 24 I started thining and decided to shave it all off and can honestly say it had no effect on positive comments on my looks I still now have people of all ages telling me I'm very handsome and if anything life's better with no hair. As when I did have hair I had many men who was jealous of me picking fights or trying to make me look small to make themselves feel better. As soon as I started shaving my head I instantly noticed men were more intimidated by me and think twice about picking a fight with me. What makes men go bald is testosterone which is also what makes men dominant, aggressive and strong, fact is studies have proven bald men are on average more aggressive, more dominant, physically stronger, more athletic and more confident than men with hair. Obviously their are exceptions on both sides but it's no coincidence that most boxers, athletes, fighters, bouncers, hard men, even company directors are bald. Don't believe me look around bald men are usually alpha males fact !