+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have so many thoughts on this. First off, I am not ashamed to say that baldness has majorly and negatively affected my life. Nowadays I have to get really drunk and/or high just to have a good time at bars and clubs. Sometimes I do have really good time due to the chemicals or alcohol in my system, but then the next day I still wake up to the fact that I am balding and I feel depression and anger all over again. I know that this is not an effective or long-term way to deal with balding, especially since I normally drive to these bars and clubs (they are far from being within walking distance) and I could into serious trouble with that.
    DDA, I would totally advise you to ask that girl out. It seems like she's really an amazing person for empathizing with your situation, and then confiding in you about her own experience with an eating disorder. It seems like especially in today's world, you don't find women like that; today it seems like most women are artificial attention whores. So I would say to absolutely go for it with her.
    I don't think that counseling will help that much either; I know that it didn't do a damn thing for me. The psychologist that I saw gave me such empty and cliched advise as 'accept it' and 'adapt to it'. That is such absolute horseshit to me. What kind of helped me is my weight-lifting. I just get in the gym and say to myself 'if life is gonna kick me in the teeth (through baldness), then I'm gonna kick life in the teeth right back'.
    Some people also said that random people and even their friends pointed out their lack of hair to them and started making fun of them for it. Thank God that never happened to me and I don't think I'd be able to handle it if it did. I've been a big guy my entire life (about 6'0 and 240 pounds) so maybe people were afraid to mention it to me. The only time anyone when anyone has ever said anything to me about it was when I asked friends if they thought I was losing hair and some of them responded that I was. But they said it in the nicest way possible, so as not to hurt my feelings. Some even lied and said that it wasn't noticeable at all, probably just to make me feel better. I personally cannot understand why friends would even make fun another friend for something as heartbreaking as hair loss. I would certainly never do this. A guy I know even had a botched hair transplant and his friends make fun of him for that!! Man, I could never deal with that kind of shit, especially from friends!
    Also, although hair loss may not be as bad as losing an arm or leg, it's still extremely devastating since it's effects are irreversible. I mean, if your fat, you can lose weight. If you're ugly, you can do plenty of things to make yourself more attractive. If you have small breasts, then you can get implants. But there is no effective solution for hair loss. That's what's so damn frustrating about this disease/curse.
    BaldPitt, I wonder if you're not on Propecia for the same reason that I'm am skeptical of Propecia, despite the fact that I still take it. Since you say that you're a big guy like I am, I assume that you probably lift weights. I believe that Propecia is affected my muscular structure since my muscles feel soft and flabby as opposed to feeling hard and strong like they used to feel when I wasn't on Propecia. I think this may stand to reason since Propecia drastically lowers the production of a major male hormone throughout the entire body. Man, why can't they just develop a product that lowers the androgen levels in the scalp as opposed to severely limiting male hormonal production throughout our entire bodies. I really don't think the pharmaceutical or the medical industry cares one bit about our hair loss plight.

Depressedbyhairloss, man i feel your pain..how old are you. hopefully not in your early twenties like myself. And yes im a large man. 6'2 about 200lbs and am very lean. pry 9-10% bodyfat without doing any such cardio. just wieght train 4 days a week for about and hour. mind you i know what the **** im doing so i get good results. So in that regard i consider myself lucky. And me knowing that my physique is my ticket to pound town i refuse to take propecia. I have very pronounced features and am naturally tan. So when i have my tight edge up many ppl think im biracial which is frustrating but whatever. To be honest i think spencer kobren talks about how finasteride saved him, wouldnt be surprised if hes is paid off. Messing with hormones is never a good idea. similar situation is birth control in women. Women who are in a hormonal limbo caused by birth control often choose partners they normally wouldnt be attracted to. The way we have developed/evolved to sense and handle hormones is a sensitive thing. and im not trying to mess with it personally. I have a couple bottles of minoxidil but i just cant will myself to put that shit on my head everyday. I guess im just going to have to be a milf hunter until a reach my 30's. Somedays i wake up and feel like a freak of nature loosing my hair so premature. somedays i dont give a ****. I know my grammar and shit isnt all that great but i dont give a shit so dont be correcting me. this isnt english class and you all can understand what im saying. As soon as i recover from acl surgery im getting into mma, i got a strong wrestling back round so maybe you will see me on pay per view a year or 2 from now. I feel your pain fellow baldies and future baldies. god bless, good luck, peace out...

I totally hear what you're saying Bald Pitt. I'm about to turn 33 by the way. If Propecia was some type of cure-all drug that regrew a large amount of hair, then I would take it regardless of the side effects. Except Propecia is far from that. I may halt hair loss temporarily in some people, but for most people I believe it just slows down hair loss or doesn't do anything at all. That's why I'm thinking about stopping it. Right now I'm on creatine to counteract the effects that I believe Propecia is causing. I've been on Propecia for about a 1.5 years and I really don't think that I can be on it long term. I wasn't a big guy growing up but it was always a dream of mine to be big and strong, and I worked my ass off to get there. And I'm not gonna let any drug ruin that. And with regards to minoxidil, I think that drug is just a joke that really doesn't help anybody. I've heard some people say that minoxidil can halt hair loss (reputable posters on here have said that so I believe it), but it doesn't do a damn thing for regrowth.
    I know Spencer says that he has had amazing results with Propecia, but I do not believe he is paid off by Propecia at all. Spencer's actually one of the few ethical people out there in the hair loss world, I believe. But who I really can't stand are some of these hair transplant surgeons. A lot of them just come on here to promote their business interests and that's about it. For instance, whenever they are asked about hair multiplication or better hair loss treatments, virtually ALL OF THEM say that these treatments/solutions are far, far down the road, at least 15 years away. Is that a coincidence that they all say this? Hell no. They say that because it is in their best business interest to say it. They want people to lose faith in new and upcoming hair solutions, and run out and get the same old hair transplant with them. There are some ethical surgeons out there (Dr. Ziering, Dr. Charles, Drs. Hasson & Wong, Dr. Greco), but I think that vast majority of 'em are out there to further the hair transplant business, their own profits, and nothing else.
    Finally, I get a kick out of how you say you wanna get into MMA. I'm a boxer myself but have never went amateur or pro. I've fought at several gyms, but nothing really organized. I don't know my ass from my elbow about Brazilian jiu-jitsu/grappling, so I'm a big fan of strikers like Chuck Liddell, Rampage Jackson, and Junior Dos Santos. And what actually makes me feel better about losing my hair is that a lot of the MMA fighters are bald/balding and still probably get plenty of women. Examples: Randy Couture, The Dean of Mean Keith Jardine, Shane Carwin, Anderson Silva, B.J. Penn, Junior Dos Santos, Richie Attonito. But I also love 80s metal and it just kills me when I see my favorite musicians with full, long heads of hair and then see myself going bald. That's actually the main motivation why I'm fighting this hair loss curse/disease.

bro i would kill to be losing hair at 33 rather than 22. but yea 15 years of wrestling experience was a division scholarship guy for 3 years and started 2, then i tore my acl which im currently recovering from surgery 6 weeks post op. I sparred a bit before surgery and my striking is average but my wrestling and physical strength are my go to tools at the moment. if i get my striking down i will be in the ufc. and i will be cutting down to middle weight. and i cant deny the balding has pushed me in this direction. sorry to blow up your thread bro. creatine is ok but all you need to optimum nutrition protein powder d there vitamin called opti-men. 99% of supplements are a complete waste similar to the hair loss industry.