+ Reply to Thread

Default Rogain, baby hair at first or is that all?

Hello all

First, I hope this question is in the right section, but if not, please move.

I have been on Rogain foam for almost a year now.

My typical hair has been described as fairly thin (type wise) and blond with at my age, quite a bit going white (btw am 47).

For me I started losing my hair at about 25 and is has been a steady decline and up to before starting Rogain, is was all gone on the back/top crown with that starting to proceed down the middle back, and a also a good amount on the top sides going from the back to the front.

Still have a good amount growing on the very top which thankfully I use to cover those sides a bit, and the rest of the lower back areas is good.

Since starting Rogain I have seen some hair growing back although it has been slow, which actually is OK by me as a overnight thing I think would bring to much suspicion.

Anyway, for most of the hair that is growing back and especially in the main bare areas like the rear back, it is very fine and light almost like baby hair.

I guess this is better then nothing but I am just wondering if this is all that I'm ever going to get or is this a common thing with Rogain and my hair type in the beginning that will eventually for each strand will get thicken out more?

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland21 View Post
    Anyway, for most of the hair that is growing back and especially in the main bare areas like the rear back, it is very fine and light almost like baby hair.

I guess this is better then nothing but I am just wondering if this is all that I'm ever going to get or is this a common thing with Rogain and my hair type in the beginning that will eventually for each strand will get thicken out more?
    It starts out as very fine baby hair. This should start showing up at about four months. From there it takes a very long time for the hair that has grown back to re-develp close to normal hair.

For the first year of treating my hair loss, I used my laser comb for the first six months, then added Minoxidil. I had good experience with the laser comb by itself, though I do not know if if it made any hair grow back. It did make the hair I had grow faster and get thicker (bigger diameter). I also feel that the laser comb was doing the same thing to the baby hair that Minoxidil was causing to grow.

BTW, are you taking anything to control DHT - and where are you on is chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    BTW, are you taking anything to control DHT
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    and where are you on is chart
    I have seen that chart before and the funny thing is that none of those really quite describe my loss.

Basically I would say for the top and back I might say I'm partially between the 5A & 6 pics

But then for the very top its slim at the back but starts filling in and gets more towards the front.

So for that area I can't really say any of those pics really show what I have.

That description sounds like the pattern that guy who played "The Commish" had. I actually know a guy who has that pattern. It looks like a 5 or 6 with an island of hair in the front.

Yeah I suppose its a little like that but not nearly as scruffy and more filled in on the top sides and tighter and cleaner on the sides and back.