+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Been on Finasteride for over 11 years and no sides whatsoever. Unfortunately, I can't say it's that effective for me. I've also been using Minoxidil for a very long time and I have no doubt Minoxidil is the one helping me keep my hair but I'm still using Fin just in case. Maybe both are helping but every time I stop Minox I start shedding after a month or so but once I get back on Minox the shed stops after about 6 weeks. That's what's making me think it's minox that's helping me better.

I just have a couple of things to say. If you guys read too much about Fin side effects you will most likely start experiencing those effects. Our minds can play a lot of tricks on us. Just take the pill and pretend you're taking an advil or tylenol. That way if you get side effects you'll know it's not psychological.

I don't know if you guys are actually buying Propecia, but if you are, why don't you get a prescription for Proscar instead? It's a lot cheaper to use Proscar. You just cut the pill into 4 1/4s.
    Hi thanks for your advice but we are going the .5mg way, to see if our bodies react well to propecia : ).

I believe one of the main things to do is just take the drug and live a normal and busy life, the last thing on your head will be that you ar e taking drug : ) .

did you experience any side effects at all?

i don't think there is anybody inmune to propecia side effects, you must at least experience a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Hi thanks for your advice but we are going the .5mg way, to see if our bodies react well to propecia : ).

I believe one of the main things to do is just take the drug and live a normal and busy life, the last thing on your head will be that you ar e taking drug : ) .

did you experience any side effects at all?

i don't think there is anybody inmune to propecia side effects, you must at least experience a little.
    I think I may have to buy a pill cutter, will make life so much easier.

And as for buying proscar and cutting it into 1/4. I don't know where/if I can get it here in the UK. Though I maybe wrong

Default my first

hi guys, i poped my first pill today: .5mg finpecia.

but i didnt cut it correctly so it might have been .6mg.

anyways im taking .5mg everyday to check for serious side effects....for 6 months....then ill think about using the full dose.

im also using rogaine.

and i will buy the nizoral shampoo tomorrow.

my temples have receded further and my hairline is still the same as always but it looks a bit thin on the front or maybe those are new hairs growing i can't really tell since i have low hairline but HUUUUUUUUUUUGE temple hair loss.

getting mild sides again. Erections are definately not as strong. Maybe it's because I took a dose last week about 16 hours too early but i dont like it. My hair seems thicker though. Definately wouldnt want to be on this drug if I had a choice but I dont if I want to keep my hair.

I had to quit on the pill because loss of libido. I took it just for 6 months, the first 3 was in Propecia and the second trimester in generic Finasteride. During the first trimester the loss of libido came in the third month but it was just a little bit, my hair reacted very well I though it was a success.

However during the second trimester it was very evident to me, I practically lost any interest in sex and maintain an erection was very difficult. Before quit I tried half doze for about 15 days and after that I went back to full doze. Also my hair wen thin again and so I decided to quit for better.

Now I'm one month without the pill and my libido and erections are normal again. I really wanted to take the Propecia path but it seems I just can't take it. I'd like to try it again maybe but would be with Merck's and that's a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by boricotico View Post
    I had to quit on the pill because loss of libido.[...]

However during the second trimester it was very evident to me, I practically lost any interest in sex and maintain an erection was very difficult. Before quit I tried half doze for about 15 days and after that I went back to full doze. Also my hair wen thin again and so I decided to quit for better.
    Sorry to hear man, glad to know you're feeling better though.

Hey!

It's been just over 6 weeks since I popped my first propecia tab and it's all going well, touch wood. None of the dreaded side affects and I actually believe my hair looks a tiny bit thicker even after only 6 weeks, but that could just be all in my mind....makes me feel better though.

The only annoying thing is cutting into 0.5mg, which even with a pill cutter isn't too easy. I am actually contemplating moving up to 1mg soon just for convenience and supposedly 1mg works best.

I'm hoping I see some good results as I've caught my hair loss early and now I'm on propecia, I've stopped stressing & worrying about it so much, which can only help!

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    Hey!

It's been just over 6 weeks since I popped my first propecia tab and it's all going well, touch wood. None of the dreaded side affects and I actually believe my hair looks a tiny bit thicker even after only 6 weeks, but that could just be all in my mind....makes me feel better though.

The only annoying thing is cutting into 0.5mg, which even with a pill cutter isn't too easy. I am actually contemplating moving up to 1mg soon just for convenience and supposedly 1mg works best.

I'm hoping I see some good results as I've caught my hair loss early and now I'm on propecia, I've stopped stressing & worrying about it so much, which can only help!
    Glad things are going good for you JPM. I'm starting on it next week (Proscar) which will be split in 1/4 pieces. 6 weeks in and no side effects yet? You may be one of the lucky ones. I'm 34 and have noticed a drop in libido as it is so i'm hoping the Finasteride does'nt make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jayth View Post
    Glad things are going good for you JPM. I'm starting on it next week (Proscar) which will be split in 1/4 pieces. 6 weeks in and no side effects yet? You may be one of the lucky ones. I'm 34 and have noticed a drop in libido as it is so i'm hoping the Finasteride does'nt make it worse.
    nope no side effects yet! For the first few days I ''thought'' I had weaker erections, but I think it was all in my head. Not a problem anymore, I was thinking a lot about sides in the first 2 weeks but not anymore and since then no problems

I was with a girl last night and she commented how hard I was, so its all good!!

I'm hoping that Fin is lowering my DHT because my sex drive is still just as high so wondering if it is doing anything.

Good luck mate, keep us posted on how it goes, and think positive!!!

Month 5. Erections are noticeably not as strong. Libido is low. I've receeded heavily in the last 6 weeks which is disappointing. Have been shedding quite a bit for a month. Hair in the middle has maybe thickened slightly.