+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    damn man really wish you good luck...i havent visited a doctor either.

so the deal is if we get side effects we stop the drug immediately right?
    cheers mate, been half a day and not experienced any side affects, trying not to think about them to be honest. don't want to be paranoid and think any slight ache in my body has been caused by the drug!

If I get something like a slight nipple tenderness I may try and wait it out, but if I stop getting erections etc then I will prob stop it!

hey mate since you already on the way....dont come to the forums and do try to live your regular life unless you have some serious side effects...ok? i think its very important to ignore everything and stop thinking about side effects.

just go out ignore your taking the propecia and dont come back here unless you need to...i will only come to this post like once a month or so to check for progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    hey mate since you already on the way....dont come to the forums and do try to live your regular life unless you have some serious side effects...ok? i think its very important to ignore everything and stop thinking about side effects.

just go out ignore your taking the propecia and dont come back here unless you need to...i will only come to this post like once a month or so to check for progress.
    thats sound advice, I'll come on here as little as possible but I will post and keep in contact every now and then...anyway its Christmas coming up!! That will help me forget about this

Good luck too man!!

I've actually read several studies that showed .5mg was just as effective as 1mg. I'm gonna run with this idea first and see what happens. Im gonna put in my order at 4rx today or tomorrow.

If I do experience sides I will gauge the severity, and if its too much for me then I will come off. However, I do have some faith in riding it out and they will subside. But if they last for anymore than a month, then Im calling it quits (if I experience any at all).

But remember guys, the mind is a powerful tool. If you dwell on the possibility of side effects and you constantly grabbing your dick to check firmness, sensitivity, etc...I feel like this could manifest doubt, negativity, and ultimately stress which are libido killers (even without fin).

One thing I've been noticing is that my libido has declined over the last 3 or so years. I no longer get erections just by seeing a hot girl. Even if Im stressed out, I have no sexual desire which can last for a few days up to a few weeks. I feel like many people forget that this is natural and just happens the older you get. And for those who took treatments like fin and experience this after a few years, are too quick to point the finger.

TL;DR Don't dwell on sides, you know your body and if you experience radical changes, it might be best to come off. However, with age comes decreased libido and constantly assessing your sexual desires and performance create stress which kills libido's temporarily.

Default Go for it

I can tell you that I am 42 and have been on Propecia for I guess about 15 years. I would say for sure that Propecia has allowed me to keep the hair I have today. My hairline has stayed mostly the same for the last 15 years. In total it has receded about 1" to 1 1/4". Between the age of 18 -22 my hairline receded a good 3/4" of an inch. It was very traumatic for me. I thought being that young that I would be bald for sure in 10 years. Well as I said I am 42 now and in pretty good shape relatively speaking. I think the product works for sure. As far as side-effects I would say that I have slight man boobs. I guess the only good thing about that is it tells me it is changing my body chemistry and that change is allowing me to keep my hair. As far as sexual side-effects I would say it did decrease my libido a bit. I had a very high sexual drive so in some ways I was glad that it toned it down a bit.

If you want to keep your hair don't wait to get on Propecia! it is your only real hope at this point.

Default One other thing to mention

BTW - My dad is a NW5 or 6. He reached this level in his late 20's. There are baldies on both sides of the family too. I only wish they would have had propecia when I first started losing my hair at 19. I might still have a great hairline. It could have been worse. I could have been like my dad and had no options at all.

been on 0.5mg (once every 2 days) for 4 months now. I did get minor sides for about a month (and then 3 weeks after I forgot to take one and doubled up the next day) but now things seem better. I think it works because I shed a lot less than I used to.

Just a quick update.

Been taking 0.5mg of propecia for a week now, absolutely no sides whatsoever so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Just wanted to know how you guys who are taking 0.5mg propecia cut your pills in 2?!! i'm finding it a little tricky, shall i get a pill cutter?

u should be a pill cutter, i dont know either, my propecia wont reach yet (which is good cuz im having final exams).

im very glad to hear youre doing ok jpm.

hopefully .5mg can keep your hair/regrowth.

everybodys different so lets hope for the best !

Been on Finasteride for over 11 years and no sides whatsoever. Unfortunately, I can't say it's that effective for me. I've also been using Minoxidil for a very long time and I have no doubt Minoxidil is the one helping me keep my hair but I'm still using Fin just in case. Maybe both are helping but every time I stop Minox I start shedding after a month or so but once I get back on Minox the shed stops after about 6 weeks. That's what's making me think it's minox that's helping me better.

I just have a couple of things to say. If you guys read too much about Fin side effects you will most likely start experiencing those effects. Our minds can play a lot of tricks on us. Just take the pill and pretend you're taking an advil or tylenol. That way if you get side effects you'll know it's not psychological.

I don't know if you guys are actually buying Propecia, but if you are, why don't you get a prescription for Proscar instead? It's a lot cheaper to use Proscar. You just cut the pill into 4 1/4s.