+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: FUE vs Strip

After having a little more time this morning I would like to respond to some points I missed.

I have personally spoken out against fue clinics that perform mega sessions, using drills, have posts deleted or for whatever reason just do not seem to be truthful at times. As far as photos I would hope most that are researching are aware of this and so I don’t comment on angle and lighting too much but it is a very valid point. I take my own photos under the brightest and harshest lighting possible. In fact I just presented a photo the first yet of which is very early on in my repair using concealer and specifically stating that this is what my hair looks like in lighting that is more flattering, so we are in complete agreement. I am completely against deception in any form. The best approach is to fully explain the procedure to prospective patients and to make sure they fully understand what they can expect. We both know a full thick head of hair is simply not possible and those just starting to research need to understand only so much should be expected and that yes scarring is possible even with fue so it is best to go slow.

Thing is, I see bad work from all kinds of sources; strip, FUE and obviously all kinds of plug work, flaps, scalp reductions ects. Bad work is bad work no matter what technique is used. I personally would like to see your crusade switch to targeting bad work in general. FUE is not the end all be all solution and neither is strip. They work very well together however and I think that if we can both work on educating patients about this then more patients will understand the REAL reality of hair restoration.

I have targeted bad work in general both strip and fue. In particular these clinics performing fue and giving very young patients the only ones they seem to market to very low hairlines. We both know these young guys are like shooting fish in a barrel. What are they going to do 10 years from now? Doctors have an obligation to advise the patient not just sell them a procedure and this includes these fue clinics.

The things I try to fight against are photos that misrepresent the real result. Lies by one clinic to misrepresent the work of another clinic. Cheer leading shill posters on various forums that are clearly compensated by their favorite clinic. See what I'm getting at here? These are the basics and are what lead people down the wrong path to begin with, technique aside.

I feel I have done the same and have been ferociously attacked for it one shill even referring to me as a rapist. I will admit it did have me questioning myself and why I am trying to help others, but I always bounce back and don’t plan on just letting it be. I have pointed out clinics that have misrepresented photos although I always leave out the names. It just not my aim to bash a particular clinic, but to point it out and let others know that we see what is going on. One patient in particular that I know was a complete failure with bodyhair as it grew for one year and then all mysteriously fell out. The clinic portrayed him as a complete success case years afterwards with photos from very early on. They knew very well it was a failure yet they chose to portray it as something else. Why couldn’t they just have been honest I would have respected that. Again we are in agreement.

I don't really see any clinics speaking "so highly" of ARTAS. A few have spoken up about it but I don't care for it because I think it is simply an expensive automated punch. I think it is a really cool machine but as I thought before I even saw the thing it does not go far in replacing proper surgical technique by hand. Think about it. ARTAS is not an FUE machine or FUE robot because FUE stands for "follicular unit EXTRACTION" where ARTAS does not extract at all. It simply scores the graft in order for the technician or doctor to come along later and remove the grafts with common forceps. For 200,000.00 and a fee per graft AND an annual support contract I'd fully expect ARTAS to wipe my tail and fetch me a beer (not exactly in that order). Sadly, it does neither.

Well I have heard doctors who just can’t wait to get their hands on the ARTAS system and patients that can’t wait to jump into the chair without even understanding the procedure. I have spoken up about the NEOgraft. Giving more doctors the opportunity to get into this business is a very bad idea. People just don’t seem to understand this is more than a medical procedure it is a form of art and not everyone can be an artist.

Hopefully we will see more honesty in this business but with so much pressure from clinics that seem not to care about that aspect along with others that work in the industry it does make it somewhat unlikely.

I think at the moment there is a definite shift taking place towards fue . The problem with this is the Drs need ` test ` patients , the question is do the patients know they are ` test ` patients

If a patient has 50 or so grafts from his arm or chest and states the scarring is unnaceptable is it down to the patient physiology or the Dr who has done the procedure say ` once ` or possible ` twice `? and has the Dr admitted to the patient that he is the ` second` or ` third ` patient the Dr has performed the procedure on ?

Unfortunatly with all the ` scribes ` .. super duper extra sharp punches , and now ` arty ` the robot they all need willing patients to perfect there art on ! and some Drs will never get to grips with it !

So my view is choose a Dr who has consistent results over a long period of time not one who is selling a procedure over results ( if that makes any sense ).. I wish the net was around 20 years ago , for me I would have FUE , 2 inches back from my receding hairline into the frontal third only in a crescent shape ! say 1000 fue in total , get the option to assess growth , healing and future loss of hair, and income needed, for the many future procedures that will be definantly needed as mpb advances !

Anyway wheres all the PRP ... ACELL ...REPLICELL...AST ...results