+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FUE vs Strip

Default FUE vs Strip

Strip only clinics that claim FUE does not have a comparable survivability rate or higher when compared to strip are being completely disingenious. Yes FUE in the wrong hands does result in low yield and that is why so few are able to offer it but it doesn’t mean they haven’t tried. Maybe those clinics that are consistently getting low yields with FUE should give up offering the procedure but unfortunately that is not how this industry works as all the strip hacks have shown us, so prospective patients have to weed through the sh*t FUE doctors.

The fact is FUE has nothing on the sheer numbers of completely crap results out there from strip with the hideous scarring, nerve damage, and often poor growth. The amount of damage that strip is responsible for pales in comparison when held up against the FUE procedure.

It’s funny how some of same strip clinics that will tell you how inferior the FUE procedure is are the same ones that spoke so highly of the potential of the ARTAS system recently. When will truth and honesty come to this industry. Let’s be real, someone either works in the industry or they are a patient advocate rarely can they be both.

Strip has it’s place as long as the patient is fully informed but FUE with very small punches and small sessions is more often than not the best approach for most.

Speak to the hundreds of patients out there that have experienced both strip and FUE and you might get a dose of reality.

It is about chosing your surgeon wisely. There are probably just as many hacks doing FUE as there are doing strips. The key is to fond a doctor who is not a hack. A gifted surgeon can do wonders either way. I had two strip procedures performed by a very gifted IAHRS surgeon. You are very hard pressed to find the scar. My stylist sees me every six weeks and she can't see my scar even though she knows exactly where it is. I haven't experienced any of those other problems either.

Tracy C I’m sure your result is great. The point of the post is not about choosing a surgeon. As you wrote there are hacks performing both procedures. The point of the post is that it is very hard to find much honesty in this industry. Too many clinics do what is best for the clinic and not what is best for the patient. The fact that clinics will rave about hopes of a robot but go silent about the skilled doctors using very small fue punches is very telling.

BTW who pays for the repair of patients who have had plucking and Acell or do they bear that cost alone and yes I have heard their story firsthand.

Understand something Tracy millions of dollars are being spent so that fue can be offered by more clinics. That money is being spent for a reason and it certainly is not being spent to advance strip. I'm just stating the obvious.

Topcat,

Your thread makes it sound as though any doctor who performs strip procedures is a hack. This is absolutely not true. I tried to offer some balance for the readers. You don't want to allow that.

There is a high degree of dishonesty in the hair restoration market. That is why the IAHRS and American Hair Loss Association were created.

The post specifically states that strip has its place. It also states that it is strip only clinics that regularly state fue gets low yield. It does not state that every clinic that offers strip is a hack clinic. I'm not sure how you get that from reading the post.

FUE in the wrong hands does give low yield and fortunately many strip clinics that have tried to offer it and failed have given it up but to point out the clinics that still offer fue and get crap results as the face of fue is disingenuous.

The posting is not anti strip. It is simply pointing out the fact that strip only clinics feel very comfortable stating something that is completely untrue and that is what is wrong with this industry.

Tracy the main point of the post is for prospective patients to understand that the majority that work in this industry meaning anyone who receives compensation in anyway be it through direct pay, advertising fees, free work, etc do and say what is best for them and not necessarily the patient.

Rarely do we hear about skilled doctors using very small fue punches and only performing small sessions with very high yield and some of the most natural looking results. The reason being is that it represents a miniscule percentage of the industry. It is long tedious work and the profit potential pales in comparison to strip both for the clinic and for those in the business of marketing, promotion and list making.

But yet we will hear about unproven techniques like hair plucking and Acell which already has resulted in new repair patients. This is a very dishonest business much like what we see happening elsewhere in the world.

This is not an anti strip post it’s a post to help inform others. Gather as much information as possible before committing to surgery and make sure it comes from varied sources. Personally from my own experience I do not care for paid to be on lists. The free market works fine for many industries with the cream often rising to the top. But it requires the free flow of information and honesty from those that work in the industry.

Inactive

Strip is outdated because strip is like a tombstone ...... PERMANENT

While with FUE you have much more variables which can lead to solutions rather then a to b transplantation. End of story

I’ve told you my story and I agree with you about the need for people to do their research and gather as much information as possible before having surgery. This is what saved my ass and I will always be indebted to Spencer Kobren and this forum for providing me with this information and a “list” of qualified doctors to speak to. I was turned away by the IAHRS doctors I had consultations with, which is why I trust this process so much. MHR just wanted my money! I think if you knew about the Bald Truth, not sure if it was around yet, when you had your first surgery you would be much better off right now like I am. It’s the free market that allows you to post your opinions on these forums and the reason I was able to find the information that literally saved my life.

Roger I agree with you ethical clinics will not only turn away people who are not good candidates but they will also recommend fue to many candidates who would be better served by that procedure regardless of if they offer it or not. Because that is putting the patient first. They certainly would not come on to the internet and start telling people about the poor yield of fue when that applies to only the hacks and not to the handful of highly skilled and competent fue surgeons. They used that argument back in 2004 and it did work for a short time. But you see they have to stand by this statement otherwise what would be the reason not to send a patient to a skilled fue clinic when warranted. This is all a money game but as long as one is aware of it they can make a better decision.

Self serving is what makes this industry so dishonest. FUE is a no brainer. You can have a small session to test the waters without the procedure destroying your whole life like we see with many of these large procedures that don’t work out. If you decide you would no longer like to continue down the HT road you can go back to the way you were with very little evidence of anything ever being done. A true patient advocate would always suggest this option first before a strip because it puts the patient’s welfare first. So when exactly will more patient advocates start suggesting it.

A strip can always be chosen later and this benefits the patient.

I post for one reason to try and help others by letting them know what I see. I would like nothing more than to see more honesty in this industry. There is absolutely no reason we have to continually see poor outcomes or patients who feel like they didn’t get what they were expecting. Those that work in this industry can still make money but it doesn’t have to be at the expense of destroying another person’s life. I hope you all become billionaires just do it honestly and give prospective patients all of the infomation and not what just benefits you.

Inactive

If you wanna see more ethics then call Spencer and make it a subject of one of te next talks