Thread: Capixyl

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I have heard that Minoxidil can cause itching and irritation, and in some cases, may contribute to hair loss.

I stopped using Minoxidil for several reasons:
    -Both the foam and liquid forms made my head smell like rubbing alcohol
    -It was impossible to style my hair the way I wanted or even make my hair look presentable with Minoxidil in it. Both the foam and liquid versions made my hair look plastered to my head, which of course drew more attention to my thinning areas.
    -After a year of use, I could not discern any positive difference in my hair. If anything, I continued to lose hair during the time I was on it.
    -While using Minoxidil, I developed the worst case of dandruff/seborrhea and scalp itch that I have ever had. I can't say this was because of Minoxidil, but nothing like that had ever happened to me before.

For a while, I tried only using Minox at night right before bedtime, but it left unsightly yellow stains on my pillow cases. Nothing would remove the stains, and I had to throw the pillow cases away.
    You know, I never experienced any of those things. Not a single one. I'm sorry it's just too much to believe. You sound like a shill.