+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Point is JS doesnt let hairloss stop his life. He didnt hide behind closed door or wigs/concealers/hats. He accepted it and is a movie star banging hot models. What one man can do, another can too..

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    Point is JS doesnt let hairloss stop his life. He didnt hide behind closed door or wigs/concealers/hats. He accepted it and is a movie star banging hot models. What one man can do, another can too..
    Statham is a good looking man with or without hair. Even if he was not rich we would still have game. In fact he's one of the very few men who's able to wear one of the worst "haircuts" (baldness) considerably well.

He has a classical dolicocephalic skull that makes all the difference in the world. Most of us don't...

Losing "your" hair early is no different than having a crooked nose, or floppy ears, etc, etc. It's a "defect" that we are evolved to see as "ugly" when it happens too early (as in most of us did).

Accepting "your" bald head may be better than any other "less stylish" solutions, but it's not any better because of this. Actually it sucks even more because you're forced to accept it as the least of the two evils...

The problem is that every time we talk about celebrities with baldness who still manage to look good or bang a lot of women, the same ones are always mentioned (Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Michael Jordan, etc.). I could name far more guys who have full heads of hair that attract hot women rather than the handful of bald guys that do. Also, I don't think Bruce Willis looks good at all with a bald head; he most certainly looked better when he had hair. Also, these guys attract beautiful women because they're rich and famous.
    What really bugs me is when you have these utter losers who are bald and portray these absolute shitbag characters on TV and in the movies. Danny Devito is a good example. Perhaps the best example of this is that tubby lump of shit that plays George Costanza on Seinfeld. He looks like shit, acts like shit, and plays a character who is a neurotic, insecure loser who is always made fun of for his baldness. I seriously don't understand a person like that; some one who takes pride in looking like garbage and playing a character who only exacerbates the flaws in himself. Same goes for that Larry David piece of shit.
    There are plenty of bald guys in the sports world. UFC fighters like Keith Jardine, Anderson Silva, Randy Couture, Shane Carwin. Football players like Matt Hasselbeck, DeMarcus Ware, Brian Uhrlacher, Trent Dilfer. The problem is that many of us don't want to opt for that shaved-head, bad-ass type of look. Hell, I've been a weight lifter for almost my entire life and I am absolutely petrified of shaving my head and trying to go for that type of look.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    What really bugs me is when you have these utter losers who are bald and portray these absolute shitbag characters on TV and in the movies. Danny Devito is a good example. Perhaps the best example of this is that tubby lump of shit that plays George Costanza on Seinfeld. He looks like shit, acts like shit, and plays a character who is a neurotic, insecure loser who is always made fun of for his baldness. I seriously don't understand a person like that; some one who takes pride in looking like garbage and playing a character who only exacerbates the flaws in himself. Same goes for that Larry David piece of shit.
    Lol but your angyness about being bald reminds me of larry david .
    "It's very bad for the bald community"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgRUbPIBz7k

Quote Originally Posted by alex123 View Post
    Lol but your angyness about being bald reminds me of larry david .
    "It's very bad for the bald community"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgRUbPIBz7k
    and this one...hires bald chef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA0q...eature=related

'Angyness'? What the f--- is that? I don't see how those stupid videos have any similarity to what I just said. Larry David seems to really embrace his baldness, despite maybe acting like he's pissed off about it on that retarded show of his. Case in point: he still keeps the horseshoe even though it looks absolutely ugly on him. Man, I have no desire to be a part of his stupid lil' 'bald community' at all. I really don't find any humor in those clips whatsoever. And of course I'm pissed off about hair loss; if it didn't bother me, then I wouldn't be on these message boards to begin with.
    What really bothers me though is that it is so acceptable to make fun of baldness, yet if you make fun of most other physical characteristics of a person, you would be in serious trouble. Imagine if a comedian made fun of another person's ethnicity on national television like Larry David made fun of baldness. They would be booted off the air so fast that their head would spin and would need to make loads of public apologies if they ever wanted to work in television again. Yet baldness is very acceptable to be made fun of, despite the fact that it seriously ****s up the lives of so many people.

This is one big difference between hairloss & other forms of sufferings. In most cultures (sadly, mine too) it is acceptable to make fun of the bald guy. And I suspect this is #1 reason we retreat socially

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    'Angyness'? What the f--- is that? I don't see how those stupid videos have any similarity to what I just said. Larry David seems to really embrace his baldness, despite maybe acting like he's pissed off about it on that retarded show of his. Case in point: he still keeps the horseshoe even though it looks absolutely ugly on him. Man, I have no desire to be a part of his stupid lil' 'bald community' at all. I really don't find any humor in those clips whatsoever. And of course I'm pissed off about hair loss; if it didn't bother me, then I wouldn't be on these message boards to begin with.
    What really bothers me though is that it is so acceptable to make fun of baldness, yet if you make fun of most other physical characteristics of a person, you would be in serious trouble. Imagine if a comedian made fun of another person's ethnicity on national television like Larry David made fun of baldness. They would be booted off the air so fast that their head would spin and would need to make loads of public apologies if they ever wanted to work in television again. Yet baldness is very acceptable to be made fun of, despite the fact that it seriously ****s up the lives of so many people.
    Lol now you're really sounding like larry david
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQCVf7AnXNY

Hey Alex,

I'm a big curb fan too. Here's another good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL0BWFthUds

I don't know why you say I sound like Larry David. This is so ****in stupid. This guy makes a mockery out of baldness, making it totally acceptable to make fun of it. I would never do anything like that. Apparently he really likes portraying himself as a bald piece of shit; I don't know what he gets out of constantly making fun of himself. And thank God I don't look like that piece of shit at all.
    Man, I used to watch Seinfeld too before I started to lose my hair and used to laugh at the bald jokes and that little turd nuggett George Costanza. However, when I started to lose my hair, I realized that these people portray hair loss in such a negative light, thereby making it totally acceptable to make fun of baldness and that hurts all of our cause.